2016 forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Guys , with the season over I've looked forward to Next year to see how we are shaping up..... And to be honest I really don't see any real change for us, great backs with no go forward..... Our back row provides no punch.... T red, Jamie , potato,Leary..... Fingers crossed Jamie comes back ok, apart from him the others are plodders that would be lucky to hold down a first grade spot elsewhere.
I hope I'm wrong but losing Liu,mason and Sao was a mistake these three were our best along with turbo...... At the end of the day you could have a multi million dollar back line but they won't do **** unless you got some forwards holding there own. Fingers crossed we have more troops to be announced.

Myles will be solid at best, maybe a few more off loads than stars or bj or mase.
I really think we will see a lot of attacking flair and not much of the hard stuff next year. We need an enforcer in the pack.

My pack next season:

8.Myles
9.Koroisau
10.Trbojevic
11.Mateo
12.Symonds/Brown
13.Buhrer

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Brown/Symonds
17.Lawrence/Starling

Our future in the forwards is bright.
Bainbridge-second row
Parker-second row
Knight-second row, lock, prop
Demetriou-prop, lock
Cox-lock

All these guns yet to make their debut, how exciting is that. Knight is a future second rower in my opinion he is tall and strong like Gavin cooper, runs great lines. Demetriou is our future enforcer, massive meters in under 20s, imagine what he could do with more ball and he breaks tackles, like 40 a game. Next year I see our pack as shown above, but I also expect Demetriou and knight to be pushing for a starting spot. Everyone is saying myles is on the down hill slide but have a look at his origin stats to be making 130 meters and 40 tackles at age 30 is massive he will add so much and I see us challenging for a top 4 spot at least.

Looks very ordinary on paper but I would not be surprised if they end up being one of the top packs.

No real change sounds good to me. Once our pack was on the park for the second half of the year we won 8 games from our last 12.

Do that for the full year and we finish on 36 points comfortably in the top 4.

Remember Jake is only on the uphill trajectory

Plus yards from dummy half will help

No real change sounds good to me. Once our pack was on the park for the second half of the year we won 8 games from our last 12.

Do that for the full year and we finish on 36 points comfortably in the top 4.
Lol, yeah ok.... So you think we will go injury free next year..... It's simple our pack is rubbish , and if the club doesn't add so fire power we will get the same rubbish as this year.... Are you seriously happy with potato, Leary and t red as our back row.... Were will the go forward come from ... This is not a go at you just my opinion , I just think you do the same , your going to get the same result. MADDNESS

Maybe wait till the club sends out the first training pics in December I think where Killer looks a few kg's shy of Zorba. I think there are still signings to come, hopefully which address the lack of a true strike forward and then you can make a better assessment of where we stand.

Really, from the guys we signed, we need Brown for positional cover, Myles for leadership and Lussick to be solid if unspectacular. Expecting more out of those three is wishful thinking.

Mateo provides a lot better go forward than people realize, was making 120m+ consistently for a while which is fine from a back rower

I'm picking many people to be surprised by Lussick as well, if people are prepared to have an open mind on him that is. A lot of complaints about a lack of size and aggression, well he fits those 2 factors perfectly. If we can get him firing again he could be really damaging

There is far too much made of size of the forwards as well IMO. Storm have the week off this week along with the broncos and they are just standard sized packs. Souths and Dogs are 2 of the bigger packs and both could be gone after this weekend

There is far too much made of size of the forwards as well IMO. Storm have the week off this week along with the broncos and they are just standard sized packs. Souths and Dogs are 2 of the bigger packs and both could be gone after this weekend

Agree 100% some of the best forwards in the game like Bromwich and Matulino are not 120kg 6'6 monsters

As for Lussick he still has the framework and potential to be top drawer, now he did stagnate at Parra and he may not kick on but i would not rule him out.

A lot of prop come on late in their 20s

Mateo provides a lot better go forward than people realize, was making 120m+ consistently for a while which is fine from a back rower

I'm picking many people to be surprised by Lussick as well, if people are prepared to have an open mind on him that is. A lot of complaints about a lack of size and aggression, well he fits those 2 factors perfectly. If we can get him firing again he could be really damaging

I'm as big a Mateo fan as there is and yes he makes the metres and takes defenders with him but he can't get up quickly and play the ball to continue that go forward. When he gets tackled it takes him about ten seconds to get up and play the ball which is just too slow. The best outcome with him is when he makes a run, takes a few tacklers with him and pops an offload. If he goes to ground everything stalls and with quicker guys out of dummy half we need speed in the play the ball.

Lol, yeah ok.... So you think we will go injury free next year..... It's simple our pack is rubbish , and if the club doesn't add so fire power we will get the same rubbish as this year.... Are you seriously happy with potato, Leary and t red as our back row.... Were will the go forward come from ... This is not a go at you just my opinion , I just think you do the same , your going to get the same result. MADDNESS

Mateo was injured for most of the first half of the season, and Leary also missed something like 8 weeks in the same period. We were also missing Buhrer, BJ JSL and Starling. Once most of them came back we won 8 from 12 so yeah going to get the same result works for me.

Even the capless roosters would look very different missing JWH, Moa, Cordiner, Evans, Aubuson from their pack.

Feel free to post a pack missing 6 of their players who you think will win the title

8.Myles
9.Koroisau or parcell
10.Trbojevic
11.Mateo
12.JSL
13.Lussick

14.Buhrer
15.Lawrence
16.Starling
17.Goodall

We need more props that can also play second row.

Our signings plus hopefully a better run with injuries will mean that next year's squad will be a lot stronger than this year's. The only position we're weaker in is 5/8, but hopefully someone will step up.

Myles was a great back rower in years past, however I think he will be used as a prop. I don't think that on this year's form Lussick will be ahead of Jake, Myles, Jsl and Starling.
Bj should be injury free by 2016 and only last year was our best prop and fastest which is in his favour.
Not the worst but no big bang either.

Mason done OK , made some good hits & set some go forward - fact is , he is on last legs & 2015 was better than 16/17 will be.
Lawrence - obviously a serious back injury .... big ?
Starling - Many here like him & I get splinters with this bloke - decent NRL player - no better....love his work ethic - especially his cover defence at times but comes up with many fumbles & gets dominated most occasions.
Jake is simply a gun & already the forward leader - the best.
Myles will add more than most think & has not been part of the winning SOO structure for a decade - will add plenty & take heat off Jake with his experience.
Brown back to his preferred backrow with Buhrer also adding to a fast skilled backrow.
Still need a tough uncompromising impact forward? - would be perfect
Still feel the 2016 pack is better than 2015 already, but only time will tell.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6