2016 are you excited, nervous or other?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought for my 12,000th post I should create a thread that hopefully a few will respond to.

I must say at the end of season 2015 I was pretty despondent , our worst year in a decade and the boardroom a rabble.

2 months on, and I still think the boardroom is a rabble, but I have to admit I'm pretty excited to see how the changes that have been made work out.

I can't ever remember a season whereby almost the whole team and coaching staff have changed, what this means who knows. For me it probably means we will have a slow start to the year but improve rapidly, so my expectations are not huge in the first instance.

I know we have covered some of this in the " Premiership Contenders" thread but hey it's the off season and this is far better than talking in bloody Dutch ( sorry @Dan ).

Anyway your thoughts, excited??.....nervous??? Or some other emotion??

PS: these comments doesn't mean I'm over what's happened , I'm still dirty as buggery about 2V but it's time to move on.

I haven't felt this excited for a season in a long time.
Eager to see how all the new faces go and see what changes Barrett has made.
Still dirty over a few things that will never be forgotten. But you have move on or will end up like Parra with our head in the 80's

Will always be a massive Tooves fan but its not worth holding onto anymore - the show must go on....
Excited?
Counting down till the trials just to see how the new boys go under another unknown in Barrett - who up to now seems to have the respect of the most important ppl to judge - the players.....with big name stars lining up to play under him from rival clubs....a great sign.
Already booked accom with mates on the Coast to watch the 9's for huge w/end at Tweed Heads leading up to a promising season.
Will be talking to you soon also Mark, to book in for that double header in Bris Vegas - will be another awesome event to add to the 2016 calender!!

Pretty excited, although that draw has now left me nervous about injuries. Everyone's talking about 2017, but in my mind you have to take chances when you get them - who knows what will happen by the time 2017 comes around. 2016 looks ripe for the taking imo.

I love Tooves but I'm excited for this new era. I just don't think Tooves was cutting it as a head coach, and for better or worse we needed one group to win this stupid board room factional war so we can move forward undivided.

I'm still suffering from a bit of the "Toovey Blues" and the manor in which some of my favourite players were shafted. I think being an older supporter it's going to take me a bit longer to bounce back.
That said, I do acknowledge all the effort that's gone into rebuilding the team and think we will be back to being one of the competition heavy weights next season.
I can't wait for the first game to start so we can put all this political BS behind us.

I'm excited and optimistic but I'm always excited and optimistic at the start of a season.
We will have a strong forward pack and the best backline in the comp. Every chance of winning the premiership. Let the games begin.

I am calm. We are rebuilding one step at a time. We can't jump the gun and call ourselves "Premiers" yet. I 100% feel we can win it next year, but we need to work hard and take it one week at a time!

Bring it on!

Well done on your 12,000th post Mark. Keep on contributing! :)

To answer correctly...we may need a "Mark scale of outrage."

Something along the lines of:

10:- I hate everything, we'll never win a game, I'm going fishing, and there will be virtual crowds.

To

1:- I am fully pumped and excited and happy about everything...I'm going fishing and there will be virtual crowds.

I'm excited. Looking forward to the first game to see how our guys go. Will be a little different for me not going to near as many games as in the last six years, but I can live with that, I think. Have booked flights for the Brisbane and Perth games and round 7 so bring on 2016.

Optimistic and exciting times ahead mark. Stewart, Jorge, matai, Lyon, Tommy, dce, jake, and throw the new boys in and you can see how exciting this is going to be . Booking accommodation for a week at travellodge pittwater rd tonight for a few days earlier and after our demolition of the dogs.

Still very dirty on how 2015 unfolded and the treatment of a club legend in Tooves.
Time to move on, and what I'm looking forward to is seeing Taupau and Parcell of the new recruits and the style we play under Barrett. I think Barrett has about 6-8 weeks and if we've only won 1 or 2 games then he's going to be under the pump big time. Bozo has given him a very good roster to work with and would expect immediate results. Interesting times ahead!!

Always excited for a new season but also still dirty

With the improvements made and the coach not having to fight the board we will **** it in for a top 4 spot and from there you are always a good chance.

This year was crap for so many reasons. Hopefully all the "outsiders" are gone and the petty vindictiveness has been sated.

I do like the look of our squad for next year presuming we get Walker and he plays 6 successfully. We are probably short another good forward and centre depth isn 't great, but overall you'd have to say we look stronger for next year. How we play though remains to be seen, be interesting to see what Barrett brings to the table and how DCE goes with the reins in his hands.

My big hope for next year is that the owners and the Footy Club quit the childish sniping and give the chest puffing and posturing a miss, let's get on with moving forward. I really hope there are genuine intentions to remain at Brookvale and that is what everyone is aiming for.

The feeling now compared to 12 months ago is so different. A year ago we were fighting a losing battle to retain one of our halves and we had players who at the time were bigger than the club.

It is good now to see a team that wants to be here and wants to play for our club.

There have been a lot of casualties over the last year and it has at times put mate against mate, member against member and fan against fan as we debated what we wanted for the club.

I just hope moving forward the new coach is given the chance to run things his way and that the dysfunction that we have seen from our owners ceases and that we get fluid communication about the plans for our future.

I am excited about the team we have, I understand it is going to take time to gel, so for 2016 I dont expect miracles but I predict in 2017 we will fly.

My concerns moving forward are about our future prospects? our long term home ground? our leagues club? All questions to be answered by our owners.

I thought for my 12,000th post I should create a thread that hopefully a few will respond to.
Wow 12000 posts, congrats Mark, keep ‘em coming. Thought I was hot on your heels but you’ve accelerated away again! :rocket:

As for next year, it’s all good for me. Feels like a whole new era, but with the advantage of still having a core of Manly champs on board.

The angst about Toovey, Foran, Zorba, and co is what it is. Tooves is entrenched as a Manly legend and this won’t ever change, plus he’s not exactly on the breadline. Foran sold his potential Manly legend status, while Zorba doesn’t seem to care who he offends.

I’m concerned about the future of Brookie, but as for the ownership situation, I never had any illusions about that to start with. So I won’t let that spoil the footy for me as it’s my chief diversion from real world cares. :dolphin:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2