2016/2017 forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
neither Lawrence or lussick have the edge running and passing ability to play second row IMO. But by all means every coach they've played with is wrong and you are correct :thumbsup:

And I apologise I shouldn't have used the word moronic. Maybe if I just say playing that pack would be lunacy. is that better?

Maybe Toovey/Barrett (whoever is coach) will adapt a Des Hasler attitude where the whole foward pack bashes the opposition down the middle, then have Lyon/DCE play off the back of that, the ball playing forwards has worked for us in the past, but teams are catching on and the game is changing, provided the interchange stays at 10 or goes to 8 having 4 out of 5 fowards being potential Props means that we could finally start adopting a bash technique. In regards to the coaches who've coached Lussick, he was at manly, played second row and was a beast, went to scum under Stuart/Arthur and played Prop and look how parra is going plus he's unwanted there.

Lunacy would be a good word if we were trying to play ball playing forwards.

Maybe Toovey/Barrett (whoever is coach) will adapt a Des Hasler attitude where the whole foward pack bashes the opposition down the middle, then have Lyon/DCE play off the back of that, the ball playing forwards has worked for us in the past, but teams are catching on and the game is changing, provided the interchange stays at 10 or goes to 8 having 4 out of 5 fowards being potential Props means that we could finally start adopting a bash technique. In regards to the coaches who've coached Lussick, he was at manly, played second row and was a beast, went to scum under Stuart/Arthur and played Prop and look how parra is going plus he's unwanted there.

I'm not sure why you think a heavier pack will work with less interchanges. You need guys that are more nimble with bigger motors not bigger bodies. There'll be no more 25min bursts. Also I'm not sure what you were watching when he was still at manly but he was a squad player not a beast? he played off the bench the majority of the time and I don't think ever had a game starting in the second row

@Dicko Just in case you don't believe me.
upload_2015-6-5_12-5-25.png

I'm not sure why you think a heavier pack will work with less interchanges. You need guys that are more nimble with bigger motors not bigger bodies. There'll be no more 25min bursts. Also I'm not sure what you were watching when he was still at manly but he was a squad player not a beast? he played off the bench the majority of the time and I don't think ever had a game starting in the second row

I meant it as a figure of speech, Lussick was a great player when he left, yes I know he was coming off the bench, I just think us having Starling, Burgess, Mason (maybe), Sao, Myles, Lawrence, J.Trbojevic there won't be any room left for Lussick in the front row.

I meant it as a figure of speech, Lussick was a great player when he left, yes I know he was coming off the bench, I just think us having Starling, Burgess, Mason (maybe), Sao, Myles, Lawrence, J.Trbojevic there won't be any room left for Lussick in the front row.
Just having robust discussion too btw. I just don't think he's got the motor for second row in a reduced interchange system. I don't think we'll be re-signing mason if we sign lussick. I don't know how much longer lawrences back can survive either. I think burgess and starling become fringe because sao has much bigger up side. Myles may play some backrow because he can play 80 min and has done including at origin level

Its not a matter of ball playing its a matter of positioning, Two backrowers will line up on the edge next to the respective centres, can you imagine Lussick next to Matai with with Johnson, Hoffman and Hurrell steaming towards him

Middle backrow at a stretch but even then Myles, Trbojevic and Lawrence would all be better options to move

On a side note, the SMH are reporting as if Lussick is signed already..............did i miss an announcement?

8.Turbo
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Buhrer
13. Lui

14. Lussick
15. Starling/ Lawrence
16. Symonds
17. Hodges / Horo/ Sene-lefao / take your pick

Middle of the field will be solid with Myles, Jake T, ballin and Lui on with Lussick and Lawrence/Starling to come on. Plenty of minutes as well in them IF interchanges gets reduced. Also a bit of strike on the edges with Leary, Buhrer and T-red.

If we were to get Bird on top of that then our pack would look very tough. Not many would steam roll that lot, or intimidate them physically, would lay the platform nicely I reckon.

My team next year....

1 Stewart
2 Hiku
3 Matai
4 Lyons
5 Tom T
6 Buhrer
7 DCE
8.Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Symonds
13. Tafua
14. Lussick
15. Lawrence
16. Hodges
17 Gutherson

Dicko said:
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. P.Hiku
4. S.Matai
5. C.Gutherson
6. J.Lyon
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Trbojevic
9. M.Ballin
10. N.Myles
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Lawrence
13. D.Lussick

Bench:
14. L.Burgess
15. W.Mason
16. T.Symonds
17. J.Buhrer

Absolute Beast Team!
No good bj and mateo

We definitely need a change. Hopefully Myles and maybe Lussick will add some starch to the pack

My pack for 2016 would look something like:

Jake Trbojevic
Matt Ballin
Nate Myles
Justin Horo
Darcy Lussick / Blake Leary
Jamie Buhrer

Res - Justin Hodges, Ligi Sao, Tom Symonds, Brenton Lawrence, Josh Starling, Luke Burgess, Jesse Sene-Lafeo.

I'd honestly let Lui go back to Brisbane if he wanted to, and I know he's brought some enthusiasm and an older head to the team but I don't really think Mason has it any more. If he goes around again in 2016 it can only hurt the team.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7