2015 Your Rebuild Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Might as well help poor old Toovs out now and post your suggestions here for how to rebuild in 2015.

The rules are that you need to talk personnel & positional changes rather than unproductive venting/ranting.

Knock yourselves out. It will be cathartic.

At this stage the only players we are losing are Gift and King is it not ?? That hardly requires a rebuild does it ?

You would deny the brethren the opportunity to post about their thoughts on what they might consider to be necessary team changes next year ?

We need a metre eater and an enforcer , much like the cowboys with Scott and the Sims boys.

We have enough young guns to fill the rest.

I'd like to have a prop that just get 10m every run. A Steve Price or Petero. They do nothing flash, but every carry you guarantee 10m.

And secondly the Hit Man in the backrow. I've mentioned previously that Gavet from the Tigers, or a Kenny Edwards from the Eels. Just someone who could do a 10min spurt of damage.

I agree with Mark from Brisbane. We have enough then around those, Jake T, Starlo, Buhrer, T- Red, Army, etc.

Killer03 said:
I'd like to have a prop that just get 10m every run. A Steve Price or Petero. They do nothing flash, but every carry you guarantee 10m.

And secondly the Hit Man in the backrow. I've mentioned previously that Gavet from the Tigers, or a Kenny Edwards from the Eels. Just someone who could do a 10min spurt of damage.

I agree with Mark from Brisbane. We have enough then around those, Jake T, Starlo, Buhrer, T- Red, Army, etc.

I would be bringing on Epalahame Lauaki off the bench and using him as my spurt of damage. He is mean mongrel machine and he runs straight and hard. He could be the weapon. I would be looking at Taufua eventually heading into the second row, he would be damaging running up the middle

Harry said:
Killer03 said:

I would be bringing on Epalahame Lauaki off the bench and using him as my spurt of damage. He is mean mongrel machine and he runs straight and hard. He could be the weapon. I would be looking at Taufua eventually heading into the second row, he would be damaging running up the middle
Jorge hasn't got the tank to play in the forwards.

geez, this is a depressing thread, cause non of these buy-ups of the top qual frntrwrs are gonna happen.

Considering the doom and gloom surrounding this forum at present thought we should resurrect this thread again.

I say above we need a metre eater and an enforcer, there's probably no top line ones on offer this late in the year BUT if we do see the departure of Choccy/ Foran/Brett then we are far from out of the game in 2015 with Jake T / MCK / JLJ / Gutho able replacements.

Oh sure we may not be a top 4 contender but we will be far from number 16, and a years experience in the top grade will do the above players the world of good.

AND we then have the cash to go into the market for the players like Josh McGuire / Aiden Guerra et al.

The Rorters / Grubbitohs cannot keep their sides together and stay within the cap, when the likes of Guerra come off contact there will be intense competition and just imagine if we have a spare $600-$800 or more not spent, we haven't bought a top forward since Brent Kite in 2005......that's 10 years........do not be concerned everyone, we may have one lean year BUT we will be back.

1 of these 3 frontrowers & 1 of these 3 backrowers with all this money from the departing stars???
Front Row - Scott, Woods, Matalino
Backrow - Taumoulolo, Guerra, Cordner

Keep in mind we all rave about the lack of dominant fowards but the backs are getting close to use by dates also...Snake, Lyon, Matai with Wolf already waving in the distance.

Thing is before looking outside our own backyard, lets support the kids who have the pride in the Seaeagles jersey.
To name a few , both Trjobovics , Gutherson, Hoppa junior - theres 4 players we hold onto before buying anyone.

Ben hannatt is looking for a club. If watmough or one of the others leave Hannatt and mason would be short term fixes to get out pack going forward to allow DCE to weave his magic.

Killer03 said:

Starling?

Stevo said:
Killer03 said:

Starling?

I like Starling, but I don't think he makes the metres of a Petero or Steve Price. He certainly has his place though.

Yeah agreed.

Imagine a starting front row of Lawrence and Starling. With Mason and Fa'aoso coming off the bench. That would give me a solid!

Losing Gift and King will be massive, don't underestimate that. But, we do have young guys who will be ready to step up in 2015 - Jake T and Chee-Kam. In saying this, we probably need an experienced forward to lead these young guys around (somebody like Mason wouldn't be a bad idea)
Some of the props mentioned - Woods and Matulino, Im pretty sure have signed new deals. Joel Edwards is 1 guy who I think would fit into 2V's game plan and who would succeed with the quality of players around him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8