2015 Roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I'm just speculating here, but I predict the Snake will go, along with Kingy, Wolfy and possibly Buhrer. This would leave us with a likely roster that looks like this.

1. Hiku
2. Blair/Gutherson
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Tafua
6. Foz
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin/Hodges
10. Starling
11. Choc
12. Horo
13. JSL
14. Hasson
15. Lui
16. Jake T
17. Symonds
18. Sao
19. Chee Kam

That's still a pretty strong squad.

HappilyManly said:
Crazy talk this :dodgy:

2014 is all that matters!

I don't disagree with you, but the point is that even if those players leave, as painful as it would be we would still be strong.

No one is going to pay snake anywhere near what we pay him.My mail is he is staying and I would bhe very surprised if that is not the case.He said yesterday he would play against his brother-put his claim that he wouldn't play against his brother in the same category as Benji-emotional but not realistic.

The snake will go close to Kenny Irvines record playing for the eagles in my opinion.

The only team Brett would want to go to is the same team as his brother who already have one of the top fullbacks in the game so why would they want him?

Brett will stay and one or both may well be injured during those games anyway so they might play each other once or twice in total.

As for the team - yes we have players coming through and that gives me hope. In 08 we had Wolf & Ballin really hitting their straps and playing above their paygrade, 11 we had halves playing above their pay grade - this is what you generally need in salary cap restricted comps - have cheapies playing like vets. Fingers crossed for the next bunch.

Brett will stay and I believe Buhrer will as well. Doubt Kingy will go round again and I think Wolfman may seek and be given a release

Kingy doesn't have a 2015 contract, would be hard to see how Manly could retain him if the NRL apply their nominal value formula :cool:

Wolfie has no readon to ask for a release. He happily runs around in which ever grade on the weekend and hangs out with his mates at Narra all week :)

Buhrer maybe tempted by the monies, as Parra really want him. If Manly could come close in their offer, he would stay for less :cool:

Retain all except for g Stewart, lauaki, lawton, o'dare and Williams then try and sign Kasiano (even though he doesn't fit Tooves' prop mould), Moi Moi( unwanted by parra), Duffie coming off a few seasons plagued by injuries will be cheap, Liam. Foran or Carlos Tuimavave (our halves depth leaves a lot to be desired) and fill the rest of the squad with young prospects

If snake leaves then try and use a percentage of the money from his contract to poach Tedesco from the tigers!

susan said:
No one is going to pay snake anywhere near what we pay him.My mail is he is staying and I would bhe very surprised if that is not the case.He said yesterday he would play against his brother-put his claim that he wouldn't play against his brother in the same category as Benji-emotional but not realistic.

The snake will go close to Kenny Irvines record playing for the eagles in my opinion.

Any mail on Buhrer?

TagMonster said:
I don't think we will lose Buhrer. He will be resigned to be either a poor mans Gift or the successor to Ballin.

"Poor man's Gift"? Compare them at the same stage of their careers! I think Ferris will end up a Manly Legend!!

flying sea eagle said:
Retain all except for g Stewart, lauaki, lawton, o'dare and Williams then try and sign Kasiano (even though he doesn't fit Tooves' prop mould), Moi Moi( unwanted by parra), Duffie coming off a few seasons plagued by injuries will be cheap, Liam. Foran or Carlos Tuimavave (our halves depth leaves a lot to be desired) and fill the rest of the squad with young prospects

If snake leaves then try and use a percentage of the money from his contract to poach Tedesco from the tigers!
dont forget we have that young gun we brought from the tigpies,mania rudolph,who can also kick goals,and he is bit of a live wire

I think you will find that Jamie,although valued,is not as far up the pecking order as people think.Would only be retained at the right money, any big offer and I think he would be off.Chee Kam. Sene Lafao are rated and that doesn't help Jamie.

Like the bloke as a player and adds something to the team but as usual it will come down to weather some other club values him more.

I take the opposite view, I think we have more money available than most believe (we did recently make a sizeable offer to Aaron Woods). I think Gift moving on was more to do with Ferris taking his spot always being the succession plan. I think he is a massive part of our future and must be retained!

I think the others to go from this year will be King / Williams, King will retire and Wolfie will be moved on.

Other than that the current squad (minus Glenn) will largely be the same and still a very very competitive side

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7