2015 Predictions, Bolters, Break Out Years etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
The season is nearly upon us (I'm choosing to ignore the media ruckus surrounding Matai and Foran), and I was thinking a few questions.

Predictions for Us: Now don't just say Premiers, but personally I see us as around 4th or 5th. I just don't see the slide. Our backline is still the best in the comp. And I really think Willie will add something and the young guns will show their worth.
Bolters: The Tigers. I think this could be a real breakout year for them with Luke Brooks, SIronen, Tedesco, Woods all a year older, and I do believe Jason Taylor can coach.
First Coach Sacked: Mary McGregor for me, I just think the Saints are going nowhere and he'll cop it.
Premiers (if Manly don't win it): I think this is a really hard one this year. I don't see a standout. Roosters, Rabbits all come back to the pack, Dogs I still think lack something, Storm ageing. Were the Panthers a one hit wonder? Can the Cows live up to their potential? I'm going a bit left field and saying the Warriors. I think they are a team every few years has a golden run, and this could be their year with Johnson carrying on his sparkling 4 nations form.
Break Out Year: There's a couple. Gutherson and JSL for us. Shaun Johnson to finally live up to his potential. And a couple of Tigers youngsters as well.
Dally M: DCE. This is the year he grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and announces he is the worlds best halfback.
Centre of the Year: Jamie Lyon of course!

If we get through the year with healthy players on the paddock we will be up there again.

I think Starling will play this year like he finished last year and be our best prop, remember last year was his first full season in the top grade.

Mateo/Hodges combo is on the cards as well. The head space sounds good for Feleti and when playing good footy he is one of the best in the league.

I think we will be right in it again

I think J Trbojvec will play 8-12 games this year and have everyone salivating at his 2016 prospects

Gutherson to play 15+ games

JSL to continue to develop and gain some recognition outside of the club

Outside of the NRL, i agree Tigers will be the big movers, top 6 for mine, i might even throw $10 on them if they are still paying the $67 i saw quoted in the papers (though unlikely)

I think Jack Bird at the Sharks will have a breakout year and Mitch Cornish at the Raiders will come into his own and sign a big deal elsewhere!

Predictions for Us: Top 4, where im not sure

Bolters: Yeah I agree on the tigers, I think they will have a solid year and surprise most of us. (assuming injuries don;t take their toll). Otherwise the Bongos to surpirse us under bennett.

First Coach Sacked: McGregor, if the saints dont perform they will quickly try to buy an established coach. Wouldn't be surprised if Nathan Brown makes and early return.

Premiers (if Manly don't win it): Warriors. Johnson coming into good form, solid team, solid coach and an all round entertaining team.

Break Out Year: JSL. I think he is in for a massive year. Really showed us great potential last season and I think he will grow on the back of that form. If he is eligible for NSW/QLD I think he will be in contention for a rep jersey.

Dally M: Foran, puts 2014 behind him and has a solid year or Shaun Johnson (but we all know the answer is actually Greg Inglis)

Centre of the Year: Stup!d question. :)

Last edited:
Like to see JSL make the leap, Buhrer become a top back rower and our back line to continue firing.

Predictions For Us - we will finish 4th or 5th
Bolters - Knights, If Mullen and Roberts stay injury free they'll have a good year. They've got some quality youngsters and with the addition Tariq Sims their forward pack will be solid.
First Coach Sacked - there wont be any during the season!
Premiers (if not us) - It's got to be the Cows. If they don't win it this year with their squad, then they will be like Sharks in 30 odd years time. They'll never win it.
Break Out Year - I thought JSL really broke out towards the end of last year, so this year I'm tipping Hodges. He needs to be in the 17 most weeks, and Ballin deserves 15-20 mins rest per game now. Ballin being fresh in the last 10 minutes of matches will make us dangerous.
Dally M - no idea, the usual guys will all be up there. Inglis, Thurston, Foran, Gallen etc.

Of course, we'll be in the Top Four again this season. But looking at other clubs... I think the 'Riff will actually improve from what was a breakout season for them. They have a ton of talented kids and last year suffered a spate of injuries. Doesn'tmatta must improve, for reasons well documented, and should finally make the eight. However (and this pains me to write it) the Dirty Dogs have improved their roster with the inclusion of Morris and look favorites to win the 2015 title. My top four for the minor premiership are: 1. Dogs. 2. 'Riff. 3. Easts. 4. Manly.

Should Parra improve? I'd say any signings are offset or even outweighed by the loss of Hayne. You take the threat of him out of that backline and its mediocre. Pack is decent but average to at times terrible halves and average back line.

PREDICTION - Finish Top 3
BOLTER - Warriors...often under achieve but Johnson ready to take that next step up & plenty of good youngsters & depth...again will melt when it counts. Sharks also will compete.
COACH GONE - Mary for the same reasons Killer 3 has pinpointed.
PREMIERS - Souths again - though Burgess / Teo gone will lose plenty, but some youngsters will only be better & bigger from 2014.
BREAKOUT - Jake Trjobovic , Mateo though no rookie will show his real potential & step up big time at Manly.
Elsewhere Jack Bird (Sharks) will be a gun & Roosters signing Papalli a massive impact when he gets an interchange spot.
Dally M - Shaun Johnson/ DCE
CENTRE - LYon ...again

Interesting reading some of these, dont be surprised if the first coach gone is 2V.

Zorba is gunning for him, and if we get off to a bad start his mates Slothfield & Co will give him plenty in the press and we know how the Zorba / Penn faction love Hasler so you can bet they are aiming on him returning.

If we get off to a great start the back stabbing will occur later, but if we are say 2/8 ......watch this space !!!

By the way that said, I think we will finish in the bottom part of the 8, Premiers probably the Dogs ( and two days later Ha$ler defects), breakout year ....hope it's one of young guns!!

Interesting reading some of these, dont be surprised if the first coach gone is 2V.

Zorba is gunning for him, and if we get off to a bad start his mates Slothfield & Co will give him plenty in the press and we know how the Zorba / Penn faction love Hasler so you can bet they are aiming on him returning.

If we get off to a great start the back stabbing will occur later, but if we are say 2/8 ......watch this space !!!

By the way that said, I think we will finish in the bottom part of the 8, Premiers probably the Dogs ( and two days later Ha$ler defects), breakout year ....hope it's one of young guns!!

I really don't like the word hate but this guy Z, if he was on fire, I would pour diesel on him!!!

Predictions for Us: Top 4
Bolters: Broncos - big improvers, top 4 actually.
First Coach Sacked: Ricky Stuart - his $1 million per year is a joke and the board and players are just getting that now!
Premiers (if Manly don't win it): Cowboys - as some else said, if not this year, see you in 30 years.
Break Out Year: Feliti Mateo - I think he is about to shine, consistently! To pick a Manly Junior (as in age) Josh Starling I think will rip and tear this year.
Dally M: DCE
Centre of the Year: Matai :)

Predictions for Us:
5th (end of regular season)

Bolters:
Broncos will finish top 4, Sharks will improve but just miss the 8.

Premiers (if not us):
Cowboys (best roster they have had for a while and agree with others - now or never), Bulldogs will go close again.

First Coach Sacked:
If Warriors under-perform, then McFadden. I actually think all will survive the regular season.

Break Out Year:
Jake Trbojevic - provided Toovey gives him a shot (which I am concerned about to be honest).

Dally M:
DCE or Ben Hunt

Centre of the Year:
If not Jamie, then it will be Tim Lafai.

1. Predictions For Us - 6th to 8th
2. Bolters - Warriors
3. First Coach Sacked - Des - now that would be funny. :eek:
4. Premiers (if not us) - Dogs - yeah I know that contradicts the above.
5. Break Out Year - 2V - Minor & Major Premiership winning coach
6. Dally M - JT

1,2,4 & 6 are fair dinkum. 3 & 5 would be nice. :D

Last edited:
Prediction for Manly: would like to say top 4 (need our forwards to start the year well), but think perhaps 6th (hope im wrong)
Bolters: Broncos
First coach sacked: ??
Premiers: Bulldogs (oh the humanity)
Break out year: Dunamis Lui
Dally M: JT
Centre: I hope Killer again so i can rubbish this Rabbitohs supporter at work who thinks Dylan Walker has the sun shining out his arse.

I was looking for an old post of mine and saw this, reading it looks like ancient history. Amazing how many "plodders" emerged from players expected to shine. Predictions are not for the faint hearted and it makes good and sobering reading

If we get through the year with healthy players on the paddock we will be up there again.

I think Starling will play this year like he finished last year and be our best prop, remember last year was his first full season in the top grade.

Mateo/Hodges combo is on the cards as well. The head space sounds good for Feleti and when playing good footy he is one of the best in the league.

Glad i put a qualifier in.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4