2015 offers promise & change...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Looking at the change of roster in recent years theres been so much experience lost & a degree of toughness with it....
The dominant beatings we were so used to dishing out have been blueprinted by Souths & others & we were often on the wrong end of it in 2014.....
Looking ahead to 2015, the new muscle will add starch against those bigger packs but what I really like is
*The ability to offload will be prominent with both Mateo & Mason creating more space & time for DCE/Foz who were often blamed for not delivering in 2014 where truth be known, it was often playing behind a pack who had been KO'd...
*Hodges - Thought he was a shining light & his spark will only go up a level behind the powerful 2015 pack....wont be suprised if he is THAT player who bursts onto the scene as an impact player
*The outside backs were often starved of quality football, theres a feeling this team can play some enjoyable footy & it could lead to an improved attacking game with the chance there will be more 2nd phase play to add more deception to recent structures.
Many will argue - "Well we have been dominating for 10 years with basically the same structures/gameplan" which is a valid point.
Personally would like to see some added flair & more spice to add more unpredictability to recent times....& maybe this team will be capable of just that.

mickqld said:
We were joint first in 2014.

We were Mick.

But we will be stronger next year. When you look at who we lost and who we picked up.

Kingy....legend....but to be honest, had little impact this year.
Choc....troublemaker....better off without him.
Gift...legend....but we coped ok without him this year.

Mason....just a hard head. We really need someone that brings impact.
Feleti...lets hope Tooves and Donny can bring out his best.
Vave....again....potential. Manly culture will work its magic.

I'm predicting big things from our backs on the back of more grunt up front.

One thing I really love about this club is it's ability to reinvent itself....whilst other clubs rise and fall with salary cap issues, administration problems or team rosters, we just keep on being competitive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've been in the finals every year for the past decade and just when our champion team/club looks ready to fade (or implode) we adapt and continue to remain strong.

The hatred often directed towards Manly is surely born out of envy!

I, too, like the way the team is shaping for 2015. However let's not forget that the comp's money-baggers - Dogs, Easts, Souffs and Brisbane - have also recruited well.

The Who said:
I, too, like the way the team is shaping for 2015. However let's not forget that the comp's money-baggers - Dogs, Easts, Souffs and Brisbane - have also recruited well.

The Dogs did well getting the Morris twins back together. They'll be tough but I don't see Lichha being as good as Ennis. As much as I can't stand the grub, he'll be a good pick for the Gummies. Lets hope they go missing again like they did in 2014.

Easts....SBW a big loss, not because he injects himself often, but when he did, he caused havoc. Mini, was a club legend (and one of my favourite non Manly players) but they're well covered with RTS and Ferguson. Agree, they'll be there abouts again. Seriously good forwards. Even make P1ss and Baloney look good.

Souffs...they're going to miss Bargearse and Te'o big time. Grants ok but not in the same league. Gift is just an unknown quantity. If he gets injured, it's usually a long term one.

Ponies....big improvers. Milford will be huge with some decent players around him. He looked good at the Faders. No mean feat.

Despite this...we'll compete. And better than we did this year. We won ugly a lot in 2014. Expecting more precision in 2015.

simon64 said:
mickqld said:
We were joint first in 2014.

We were Mick.

But we will be stronger next year. When you look at who we lost and who we picked up.

Kingy....legend....but to be honest, had little impact this year.
Choc....troublemaker....better off without him.
Gift...legend....but we coped ok without him this year.

Mason....just a hard head. We really need someone that brings impact.
Feleti...lets hope Tooves and Donny can bring out his best.
Vave....again....potential. Manly culture will work its magic.

I'm predicting big things from our backs on the back of more grunt up front.

totally agree..and to add a little extra, mason should be great for team spirit after a bad ending to the season. Vave could be another George burgess type. Just check out his highlight reel. the team was lacking a big man that could pierce the defence on the line. Another type of player that could be a Harrison/Rodney type of tackling machine wouldn't go astray. Ueti Baker is untried in 1st grade, but will be the biggest player at the club. I think the 2015 recruitment has been right on the mark for what is needed, but the Mason signing is only for 2015.

The Mason signing for one year is probably a good thing, I still think we are set to announce a big name forward signing to commence in 2016, and sadly this will probably come off the loss of one of our halves, in essence freeing up that part of the cap for a big buy.

Andrew.. said:
One thing I really love about this club is it's ability to reinvent itself....whilst other clubs rise and fall with salary cap issues, administration problems or team rosters, we just keep on being competitive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've been in the finals every year for the past decade and just when our champion team/club looks ready to fade (or implode) we adapt and continue to remain strong.

The hatred often directed towards Manly is surely born out of envy!

And yet people fail to see that a large part of this is done by human resource management. Those tough calls ala Gifty, are the same ones that keep us at the front.

Our attacking play in the first 12 rounds this year was the best Ive ever seen.If we can recapture that ,I will be stoked..

It is pretty amazing how we were last in hit ups or forwards meters gained. We can't get any worse. So that means we will get better. Minor Premiers and another premiership is in the bag,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6