2015-First 10 rounds of footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to say, that with all the commotion during the last 6 months, we are precariously balanced regarding our first 10 rounds of football.
I know we are in a state of rebuilding, but can we really expect to emulate the last 10 years moving forward with so much disruption and negative speculation. My heart tells me things will progress positively-however my head is telling me otherwise. I would stop well short of saying it may be a repeat of circa 2000, but there are some definite warning signs.
My fear is that Toovey may not have the whole group (unlike Hasler managed) and the cracks are widening from an outsider looking in. Of course that perception can only be truly tested in the next couple of months.
Regardless how angry we are with Choc and disappointed we are with Gift being pushed out, there will be some big questions put to this squad, and I truly hope Tooves can deliver-the buck will stop with him regardless of how the players perform.
If they don't perform (to our lofty standards) he will be under severe pressure by round 10. This is the day and age where teams can easily get rid of coaches by playing at 95%. I wish it were more old school, but many of the younger players these days are prima donnas. If they throw Tooves under the bus, it will be devastating as a fan, considering his passion for this great club.
Parra in round 1 may well be a watershed moment for the season ahead.

I agree with you Wombat. With the closeness of the competition any unrest may result in us having our pants pulled down. Unless the group as a whole want to really play for the coach, we might really struggle. I don't think we can afford any injuries to the top 17 to be honest, our depth looks like it will be tested in the first month as well.

We've never been good during trial matches. Good sign. :) Think there is enough of the forwards team from last year to provide cohesive play. And just enough new size to provide go forward.
Whether it will be competitive with the likes of Wabbits, Woosters and Panties will be another matter.

Think 2V has the passion, but does he have the science ? His attitude to bench rotation, (conservative), team selections (conservative) leaves him little room for margin of error in the other aspects. The footy is so fast - - - brilliant play is the norm. Glad to hear Willie is practising his field goals !
A solid foundation to the year would be helped by an emphasis on ball security and discipline for the first 10 rounds.

As long as I see my team having a dig each week then I'll be happy.
And generally when we have a dig we win alot more games than we lose.

With media and fans fixated on 2016 rosters, and the NRL blanked in a 'snow' storm, I thought we may as well skip the 2015 season.

With media and fans fixated on 2016 rosters, and the NRL blanked in a 'snow' storm, I thought we may as well skip the 2015 season.

Yep, sounds good to me , then I don't have to watch a number of players running around who don't really want to be there anyway.

**** off 2015, bring in 2016

There are 2 things for me currently that are good signs:

1) Watmough gone
2) Matai signed up till 2017

I really think with the main whiteanter in the background now gone things will settle down (oh god I hope so). We've all worked somewhere where there's been this whingeing whining co-worker who points out every single problem with the place they work. And that can affect morale terribly, and start to make you think 'yeh that does suck, or that person does suck'

And then Matai re-signing shows the senior group might be getting back on board now, and that might mean a resolution for Foz or DCE.

I'm with @StuBoot if we have a dig everyweek, I'll be happy. And if we have a dig with the talent we have we'll win 70% of our games.

Toovey has coached the team to 3 top 4 finishes including a Grand Final & we are talking about his job being under pressure after 10 rounds?!?! Is this the Silvertails website or the Daily Telegraph? :rolleyes::confused:

Nope just don't buy into the bullsh*t that his job is under threat. You do realise that both Super Coach Arthurs & Hasbola have years to run on their existing contracts?
I didn't say it was under threat now-but if said unsigned players continue with destabilization, then not perform on the field, and it rubs off on the playing group...results may not come...Please connect the dots.
The media will run an avalanche against Toovey.
To avoid this, we just need to win, and win well with big smiles on the players faces.
Like I said we will know in the first month-2 months.

Yes agreed winning matters. I just hope that Tooves being a club legend would buy him some time if we started the season badly. I can't see Des rushing back to replace him knowing the backlash that would await.

To answer the title of this thread

I think we are in for a tough start this year but still making the finals , then who knows, but would be very surprised if we make top 4 this year.

No way this contract stuff is not affecting us, it is and on March 6 when parra gives us a reality check it will be for all to see

You look at a team like Penrith this year and I see what we were like only a few years ago. A United club on a mission on all levels to win a premiership- they will go very close this year.

I see us in for a few lean years but hey not going to stop me supporting this great club. Periods like in the 2000's northern eagles days makes me appreciate more the golden era's we have seen recently

2015 predicted finish:5-8

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8