2015 Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
Defence wins premierships and our defence this season looks unorganized, uintimidating and brittle. The left hand side constantly play on the back of their heels allowing teams to Gain easy yards resulting in easy tries.

We are losing the battle up the middle, allows teams at least 10metres whenever they choose. We have no gang tackles and aren't stopping momentum.

Looks at times that the guys are putting in but just seems to be a different defensive attitude

What do you think we can do to turn it around this season?

Buy a **** load of better forwards before round 13... lol
Seriously though, I wish I had a good answer to your question but your guess is as good as mine.

A consistent line up would be a start.

Blair, Williame and Hiku not being part of it would make a difference as well.

We will come good as players start to return and gel but this year is a write off.

Mason should have retired while he still had a slight amount of respect in the league. He is embarrassing himself (and the Club) out there.

Anyone else worried by the form of Ballin? Usually so reliable but at present, he is offering nothing in attack and giving away silly penalties. Hodges must play a bigger part in the games to come.

I agree with the injuries in attack but defence comes from attitude and we are lacking that at the moment.

One bad call against us and we drop our heads and go 2 water.

I hope Mason doesn't get another contract he just isn't the future.

Mason should have retired while he still had a slight amount of respect in the league. He is embarrassing himself (and the Club) out there.

Anyone else worried by the form of Ballin? Usually so reliable but at present, he is offering nothing in attack and giving away silly penalties. Hodges must play a bigger part in the games to come.
Ballin and particularly Lyon look a lot slower out there this year. Even our better players are struggling

Buy a **** load of better forwards before round 13... lol
Seriously though, I wish I had a good answer to your question but your guess is as good as mine.
You did have a good answer . Buy a load of forwards . At full strength player for player we have the worst go forward statistics in the NRL .

Ballin and particularly Lyon look a lot slower out there this year. Even our better players are struggling

They both have played a lot of football I'm not sure Lyon will continue next year.

Ballin 2 more years I'm not sure if that was wise I hope we continue to introduce Hodges for extra spark.

Ballin needs to put his headgear back on. I bit like Samson cutting his hair.

Nevertheless... so did DCE and he at least gave a good account of himself.

Is Killer finished? is Ballin finished? is Stewart finished?

I need another Makers Mark.
The injury depends on the state of the injury and how much it prevents you from performing at your peak . Ballin is either out of form or out of place in the NRL pace

the injuries are preventing us from getting any kind of rhythm in attack & defence.
go back to last year(before the drama) or the years prior and you would see a team where each player knew who was outside & inside him in defence each week, they each knew each others deficiencies & abilities were, they all moved up or slid across the field together as a cohesive unit.
this year with the constant injuries & players playing different positions each week(often out of position) its no wonder the defence is in disarray.

I've said this in other threads but our markers don't work hard enough to get to their feet and its just a cascading effect on our defensive line after that. We have next to zero line speed because we are always on the back foot. Its either Fitness or Attitude, but probably a combination of both.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2