2014 State of Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
Now lets see if we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yes it's happened far too many times Jerry

That all started when the grub Reynolds threw a punch which led to the tackle that blew things up. Shock horror Nein didn't show that though.....that part of it was ignored.

Should have actually been a penalty to Qld. I bet the banana papers will be full of that in the morning.

What an absolute rubbish game of football.

QLD had a diabolically stupid game plan. Niggle in everything rather than focus on their superior ball playing and running talent.

NSW were woeful. Reynolds is a terrible 5/8 and didn't it show tonight.

Refs were cowards and should have blown the pea out of the whistle in the first 20, taking the dirty, scummy game wrecking tactics out of the game.

No wonder I only truly enjoy watching Manly play.

Meh, at least QLD Supporters can stop gloating.

silvertail said:

QLD had a diabolically stupid game plan. Niggle in everything rather than focus on their superior ball playing and running talent.

Refs were cowards and should have blown the pea out of the whistle in the first 20, taking the dirty, scummy game wrecking tactics out of the game.

Not worth sacrificing DCE and Choc for.

That game showed up what a joke this no punching rule is. If Myles, Hodges, Reynolds and co had some consequences coming their way that niggle could have been gone within 10mins

I've never been a big Hoffman fan but he was outstanding. He and Woods really got NSW heading in the right direction along with Lewis when he came on, the runs from Gallen leading up to the try were enormous as well

Kiwi Eagle said:
That game showed up what a joke this no punching rule is. If Myles, Hodges, Reynolds and co had some consequences coming their way that niggle could have been gone within 10mins

I've never been a big Hoffman fan but he was outstanding. He and Woods really got NSW heading in the right direction along with Lewis when he came on, the runs from Gallen leading up to the try were enormous as well
I agree Kiwi,I said the same thing about Hoffman on FB,they always ran it up straight and hard both of them

Looked like DCE was under instructions to let Thurston make all the big plays for the first 78 mins. Dumb, dumb, dumb! Sure, he was playing injured but they gave away having good options either side of the ruck.

Gee that was a luckyish win. Second half was hard work, lots of Qld errors but we struggled to make the most of it. Hayne had a blinder game 1 but he really needed to step up in that last 20 minutes tonight and I didn't see it. Bit disappointed with bis effort.

Hoffman was good, very good for a change. Bird also solid as usual.

Feels good, 8 years of misery finally ends. The Woods chest brush from the kick off will be talking point for years to come.

silvertail said:

Yep that just about sums it up, well said.

Bit of a worry Choc on report but hopefully he and Cherry came out of it unscathed.

That is the beauty of origin. It may be beautiful, or it may be messy and dirty sometimes, however the passion of your state, whoever you barrack for, makes it a Cinderella story every year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6