2013 GF Manly v Roosters (gotta be an investigation!)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters2013 said:
The Who said:
Nice spin. I'm not going to bother over the one-side refereeing, but just ask yourself this: Why wasn't Easts - the most penalised team in the comp - penalised for the final 60-odd minutes of that match?
Shame Hayne: the best referee money can buy!

everybody knows the refs put their whistles in their pocket for the big matches.

and you only lost the penalty count by 3. You won it by 7 against us a couple of weeks earlier and couldn't get the job done then!

Whatever.

Give me a break.

We were beaten 3 times prior to this by the Rooters and besides being disappointed, Manly fans didn't scream blue murder.

Do yourself a favour. Visit the fan sites of the other clubs and read the threads where the posters are impartial. Then come back here and tell me we weren't reamed.

Just to make it easy for you.

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=103294

http://www.rabbitohs.me/warren/showthread.php/2716-OT-Grand-Final-Thread

You're an A-grade jibberer. You won. Be happy but don't come on here claiming you didn't get a massive leg-up.

Roosters2013 said:
In summary, some calls did go against you. But you also got some favourable calls too. In the end they balanced out

Hahaha. You is funny. Go and have a beer with Shayne. He's thirsty and he's wearing a chicken jersey.

Roosters2013 said:
Don't hate me because my team won the comp. If I didn't support Easts then I'd probably be supporting the Sea Eagles. I saw a link to this site after the premiership triumph, and was bored today so decided to return to see if you had recovered yet.

Yes the refereeing was poor, but it went both ways.

There are question marks over Taufua's try due to obstruction.

The OP was quoting the commentary team. The commentary team also mentioned that they thought it wasn't a penalty try.

So Jenko blocked Lyon? Manly did the same thing all night.

Manly didn't get a penalty for a late tackle on the kicker? That's because when it was done on Pearce his legs were targeted. When Friend tackled DCE it was around the chest.

You mention no penalty when Pearce's hand interfered with Foran and he lost it. The following set a Manly player's foot interfered with the ball and Easts got no penalty. Late in the game Ballin's hand knocked the ball away from JWH. If we're being consistent then you should be demanding penalties for these offences too.

Easts players were consistently held back. Mini was tackled without the ball, and the ref called knock on. In the second half Wolfman held back Jenko and we got no penalty.

And if you look at the Maloney 'forward pass', his hands weren't facing forwards. At worst they were flat. So the ball did not come out forward (it only drifted forward due to momentum) so it wasn't a forward pass

In summary, some calls did go against you. But you also got some favourable calls too. In the end they balanced out

Come on Roosters2013...stop the justification of some calls we never got..yes we never got as I am also a Roosters fan. Like that obstruction of Horo on Pearce. I have seen the game 20 times and I still can't understand at what some Roosters fans are going on about. There are more but whats the point? I am here like I have visited many other forums to guage the opinions. Of course the losers will always whinge like we whinge when Tony Archer gave the game to St George in 2010. It happens, unfortunately. From what I read here, there seems to be a high number of decent Manly fans who take it on the chin. Yes you were dudded but so have we in many instances including all the penalties we've copped this year whilst teams like Souffs get away with murder. I am glad that we beat your team no once, not twice, but overall 5 times because at the end of the day, Manly are a quality club with great tradition and don't live in the past like those 42 years perennial losers and soon to become 43 years Souffs. If anything, I have always liked Manly as a back up team but now I have more respect because they will always be a great team, in any era. I'll Be Back!

Roosters2013 said:
Don't hate me because my team won the comp. If I didn't support Easts then I'd probably be supporting the Sea Eagles. I saw a link to this site after the premiership triumph, and was bored today so decided to return to see if you had recovered yet.

Yes the refereeing was poor, but it went both ways.

There are question marks over Taufua's try due to obstruction.

The OP was quoting the commentary team. The commentary team also mentioned that they thought it wasn't a penalty try.

So Jenko blocked Lyon? Manly did the same thing all night.

Manly didn't get a penalty for a late tackle on the kicker? That's because when it was done on Pearce his legs were targeted. When Friend tackled DCE it was around the chest.

You mention no penalty when Pearce's hand interfered with Foran and he lost it. The following set a Manly player's foot interfered with the ball and Easts got no penalty. Late in the game Ballin's hand knocked the ball away from JWH. If we're being consistent then you should be demanding penalties for these offences too.

Easts players were consistently held back. Mini was tackled without the ball, and the ref called knock on. In the second half Wolfman held back Jenko and we got no penalty.

And if you look at the Maloney 'forward pass', his hands weren't facing forwards. At worst they were flat. So the ball did not come out forward (it only drifted forward due to momentum) so it wasn't a forward pass

Come on Roosters2013...stop the justification of some calls we never got..yes we never got as I am also a Roosters fan. Like that obstruction of Horo on Pearce. I have seen the game 20 times and I still can't understand at what some Roosters fans are going on about. There are more but whats the point? I am here like I have visited many other forums to guage the opinions. Of course the losers will always whinge like we whinge when Tony Archer gave the game to St George in 2010. It happens, unfortunately. From what I read here, there seems to be a high number of decent Manly fans who take it on the chin. Yes you were dudded but so have we in many instances including all the penalties we've copped this year whilst teams like Souffs get away with murder. I am glad that we beat your team no once, not twice, but overall 5 times because at the end of the day, Manly are a quality club with great tradition and don't live in the past like those 42 years perennial losers and soon to become 43 years Souffs. If anything, I have always liked Manly as a back up team but now I have more respect because they will always be a great team, in any era. I'll Be Back!

Even if the hands were facing 'backwards', the ball was thrown forward. Hayne did the same with the pass from SBW in the Drugcastle game. I've spoken to many Easts supporters, and even though they are pleased they got a GF win, they know the ref gave it to them. I'll always see this game in the same light as the GF loss to Drugcastle. Tainted.

In the Drugcastle 1997 GF and now in 2013 both times Manly led by two converted tries early in the 2nd half. We all have theories on why they both ended up losses. I can't think of any other GFs where teams with that sort of lead in a GF got run down (Dragons 1999?). Now it has happened to Manly twice in 15 years.

Manly fans know the Roosters only played what was in front of them, & though not in the spirit of the game, every team tries to get away with what they can.
(Forward passes, knock-ons, etc)
It's the Refereeing we're dirty on. If Manly lost thru poor discipline or lousy play, fair enough.
But,with the Refereeing...
50,,000 Blowflies can't be wrong,
something stinks.

Meh they were the better team all season, reffing was **** and probably turned the momentum for them at some key points. We got a couple of calls too, so it was evened out somewhat. I think it came down to what happened in the Sharks game where we were out of petrol, not mentally, but physically we couldn't match the Roosters.

No point whinging about it because it's history now.

We were not good enough full stop, i tipped the Roosters to beat Manly on all four occasions this year which in itself suggests Manly were lacking in certain areas or behind in other areas of play.

Manly did better than i expected and should of won but didn't--- time to plan ahead and move on.

Technical Coach said:
i tipped the Roosters to beat Manly on all four occasions this year

I tipped Manly to win on all four occasions. And I'm proud of it.
To boast that you tipped against the team you profess to support is shameful.

Sham TC. Shame. Shame. Shame.

The Who said:
Technical Coach said:

Why is it shameful, it's more important for me to be true to myself than to be a fan and tip according to who i follow.

I was asked several times in these forums would Manly win if so and so was playing against the Roosters etc etc and answered back honestly.

You can be a fan and tip against your team or does it require me to attend all games drive 4hrs to games, fly to games, purchase a min of $1000 in merchandise and never tip against Manly, oh and also wave a banner combined with a little face paint in Manly colours to be a "true supporter".

With the huge amount of money they paid for the NRL rights this year, it goes without saying that whatever Channel 9 wants, Channel 9 gets. Channel 9 CEO, David Gyngell, is on the Roosters board.
Channel 9 got what they wanted. Shayne Hayne did his job to perfection.

The difference between the 2 teams was that we had to play in three semi final games and the Roosters only two. We threw everything at the Roosters in the first game and only just lost. They got the week of and we had to play against a very physical team in Cronulla the next week. All of this was just too much for our boys and they ran on empty for the last 20 minutes. The fact that the referees didn't help our boys made it that much harder for them. They will want revenge next year and I am sure they will get it (just like this year with Melbourne).

Shayne Hayne's bias clearly showed itself in the Cronulla game. He was about to give Gallens try, but was restrained by the other ferret who, quite rightly, saw the illegal play by Cronulla. He allowed the forward pass in the Drugcastle game which led to Easts first try. How he was given the GF game is cause enough for an investigation. I don't mind losing (mostly), but what I can't stand is fixed games. Bones is correct, what Gyngell wanted, Gyngell got. And I for one don't agree with any assessment that Easts were a superior team simply because of their record throughout the season. We got beaten by them in the final with our best attacking weapon out, by a measly four points. Not bad. We then came out and whipped Souths, another team we hadnt beaten up till then. The difference in the games was that Shayne Hayne was absent in the Souths match, and we had Stewart back. We were provided with a more equal playing field in Haynes absence.

Technical Coach said:
The Who said:
Technical Coach said:

Why is it shameful, it's more important for me to be true to myself than to be a fan and tip according to who i follow.

I was asked several times in these forums would Manly win if so and so was playing against the Roosters etc etc and answered back honestly.

You can be a fan and tip against your team or does it require me to attend all games drive 4hrs to games, fly to games, purchase a min of $1000 in merchandise and never tip against Manly, oh and also wave a banner combined with a little face paint in Manly colours to be a "true supporter".

It's shameful, imo, to boast about tipping your team to lose. All of us, at times, feel in our minds that an opposition team may beat our men, but we keep those thoughts to ourselves and still go out and shout ourselves silly for our team. An example of that was our triumph over Souffs in the final.
I think you should keep those negative thoughts to yourself rather than congratulate yourself - after the event - for being so insightful.
The only one I want to tip against Manly is Mick from Queensland.

The Who said:
Technical Coach said:
The Who said:
Technical Coach said:

It's shameful, imo, to boast about tipping your team to lose. All of us, at times, feel in our minds that an opposition team may beat our men, but we keep those thoughts to ourselves and still go out and shout ourselves silly for our team. An example of that was our triumph over Souffs in the final.
I think you should keep those negative thoughts to yourself rather than congratulate yourself - after the event - for being so insightful.
The only one I want to tip against Manly is Mick from Queensland.

No i was not congratulating myself i was merely making the point that losing four times against the same team all season shows Manly were lacking in some areas and that i felt the same way through-out the season.

I only mentioned during the season that i felt even with players coming back Manly would still struggle to beat the Roosters and only when asked by someone else----or in a thread related to "who are you tipping in the Gf"

If i wanted to congratulate myself i would have done it 1min after the GF not a month after when there is no interest in the NRL.

I just wanted to point out by my tipping in relation to this match up that i admired the improvement so much in the Roosters game i felt compelled to tip against us which i normally don't do "but have done so in the past".

TC, I just can't see where you're coming from with your comment, 'improvement in the Rorters game'. I didn't see improvement. What I saw was the helping hand that some referees gave teams such as the Rorters and Souths, especially when they played us throughout the season. What I am lamenting is the inclusion of referee's bias on the outcome of games. It's a sad state when one has to check who are the five officials on the ground when determining who may or may not win games.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4