2012 Telstra Premiership Finals Series Structure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
2012finals.jpg

Home Venues Explained
Week One: Qualifying Finals & Elimination Finals
The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their 'home game' at either the SFS or ANZ Stadium.

* Home venues subject to NRL approval as suitable to host a Final

Week Two: Semi Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 3 & 4) will host in their home city.

The following home City venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 2:

New South Wales / ACT:
Sydney: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Newcastle: Energy Australia Stadium

Queensland:
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium
Gold Coast: Skilled Park
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 1

Week Three: Preliminary Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 1 & 2) will host in their home Region.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 3:

New South Wales/ACT:
All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 2

AAMI Stadium is not big enough for the Finals:huh:

Manly was the only Team to not get a 'Home' Final in 2011, great effort by the Boys to win in hostile surrounds :angel:

The Dogs and Bunnies have been given a leg-up over Manly and the Sharks in 2012.:dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
AAMI Stadium is not big enough for the Finals:huh:

Good catch, I didn't see that the first time I looked through the article. Bit of a joke if they are actually going to make Melbourne play their home finals at the Tard Dome. It's a terrible ground with a terrible surface, utter rubbish for anything other than cricket (& I assume AFL).

Can't see how this finals format is any worse for us than last year, even if we finish in the bottom half of the 8. Still have to win all of our games & still don't get to play any of said games at Brookie.

Surely if, by chance, we qualified to play the Cowboys at 'home' the NRL learned its lesson last season and would schedule it at Brookie rather then the SFS where the match drew just 14,000 (from memory).

Cronulla will be similarly disadvantaged to us if either club finishes in the top four.

The Who said:
Surely if, by chance, we qualified to play the Cowboys at 'home' the NRL learned its lesson last season and would schedule it at Brookie rather then the SFS where the match drew just 14,000 (from memory).

Cronulla will be similarly disadvantaged to us if either club finishes in the top four.

Surely you jest!

Manly are constantly given handicaps by the NRL :mad:

Luckily we have the silverware to ease our affront :p

B2B2V :angel:

Kiwi Eagle said:
Anybody know when GF tickets go on sale ? Think it is usually sometime this month

Do they have Google in Nz? Haha

Last year was 28th, june. I'd say theyre probably on sale already.

Some of us have to work mate ;)

Im sure it is normally July that I get them, meant to get an email before they start selling them

Just found it, July 24th they go on sale for members

Kiwi Eagle said:

Im sure it is normally July that I get them, meant to get an email before they start selling them

Just found it, July 24th they go on sale for members

2 weeks maternity leave ;-)

Winning!!

http://www.therugbyleagueexperience.com.au/nrl-grand-final-2012/nrl-grand-final-2-night-package

Kiwi Eagle said:

Well to be fair, all the kiwi's over here are on the dole so he wasn't to know!

:D

I kid, I kid... it was just open there for someone to say.

globaleagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Well to be fair, all the kiwi's over here are on the dole so he wasn't to know!

:D

I kid, I kid... it was just open there for someone to say.

Matai and Foran aren't part of out cap ? Plenty of money for Brett then :p

hey guys this can give you a fair indication how the final 8 finish and semi final format..

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/LadderPredictor/tabid/10868/Default.aspx

i have -

1.storm
2.broncos
3.dogs
4.souths
5.manly
6.sharks
7.cowboys
8.tigers

you ???

While on finals setups, how bad is the Rugby one !!

The top 3 have to be made up of 1 side from each country involved, regardless of where they finish !!

The reds won last week to just sneak into 6th spot for the playoffs, and got bumped up to 3rd with a home game

Kiwi Eagle said:
While on finals setups, how bad is the Rugby one !!

The top 3 have to be made up of 1 side from each country involved, regardless of where they finish !!

The reds won last week to just sneak into 6th spot for the playoffs, and got bumped up to 3rd with a home game

KE - no complaints in Aus mate. Aussie Super rugby sides need a leg up! ;-)

Haha I didn't think there would be

Imagine though if none of the sides were in the too 6 and 1 of the qualifying sides got bumped out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4