2011 starts now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tillidie

Hi everyone , over the past few days or so alot of "supporters" on here have bagged a few of the players which is fine because everyone is entitled to there opinion, i just feel that we as a supporters as a club and as a family have all been through and felt the tough couple of years we have had on and off the field.

Therefore if everyone has finished venting there frustration lets really start 2011 now by encouraging the boys getting behind whatever squad it is we have for next year and actually "support" the mighty maroon and white .

Lets up the membership numbers , up the crowd figures expecially at home , turn brooky back into the fotress it once was, make every opposition fan that comes to brooky feel like they really are in enemy territory.

I for one have no doubt we have the team to win next years premiership and know that no matter who is wearing the maroon and white (bailey trex cross) put in 100% week in week out but most importantly are part of the Manly family.

BRING ON 2011 , MANLY TILL I DIE , WE WANT OUR TITLE BACK AND IT STARTS WITH US SUPPORTERS!!!! NOW !!!!

jay JAY link said:
Hi everyone , over the past few days or so alot of \"supporters\" on here have bagged a few of the players which is fine because everyone is entitled to there opinion, i just feel that we as a supporters as a club and as a family have all been through and felt the tough couple of years we have had on and off the field.

Therefore if everyone has finished venting there frustration lets really start 2011 now by encouraging the boys getting behind whatever squad it is we have for next year and actually \"support\" the mighty maroon and white .

Lets up the membership numbers , up the crowd figures expecially at home , turn brooky back into the fotress it once was, make every opposition fan that comes to brooky feel like they really are in enemy territory.

I for one have no doubt we have the team to win next years premiership and know that no matter who is wearing the maroon and white (bailey trex cross) put in 100% week in week out but most importantly are part of the Manly family.

BRING ON 2011 , MANLY TILL I DIE , WE WANT OUR TITLE BACK AND IT STARTS WITH US SUPPORTERS!!!! NOW !!!!

Great post!!!

we bag them because we pissed off with them its nothing personal its just what passionate fans do, i knw we can go over board with it at times, but hey we letting the player know we aren`t happy,
once they pull a few good games off they get accolades.. i know they are MANLY no matter what i say i will always stick by them  because i  love `em..
but when im pissed i will  say stuff that  isnt what my heart is feeling, it even sort of like hurts a bit when i have said it` that we need to get the spoon `& hope we miss the 8 we pathetic, thats just frustration talk..

I agree that some people probably haven't finished yet and probably never will. I would like to know whether we are fans, supporters or doomsayers on here? Call me a one eyed supporter, biased or anything else I might take as a positive towards following my team but I prefer to think we played well with what fate served us. I definitely will have one maroon eye and one white I till the day I die!

yeh i understand everyones frustration , i just think weve had 2 tough seasons after winning the comp 40 nil :p , and thats how the rugby league merry go round works , alot of teams failed to make the 8 after winning the comp, im just really excited for next season , ive just signed up 3 mates that just moved here from nz from following rugby to a membership aswell.

I think just posting 'encouragement' for 2011 will make it hard to sustain conversations over the summer on the forums.

we will be fresh in 2011,all the players will recouperate from injuries/we will have our suspended payers back too,2011 year of the sea eagle!

chrisos link said:
we will be fresh in 2011,all the players will recouperate from injuries/we will have our suspended payers back too,2011 year of the sea eagle!
 No Matai will miss a few games next season :(

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We'll challenge quite strongly next year, but the Raiders will be a huge threat.

Spot on there, with those big front rowers, Lars,Schillington and Tilse they will be a force to reckon with (this year AND next)

In all seriousness I am completely willing and ready to focus on next season.
I was just pointing out that others may not have finished their venting or season summations just yet.

WAMF link said:
In all seriousness I am completely willing and ready to focus on next season.

Like we have a choice WAMF :)

I am not a doomsayer, love my team, but only the most one-eyed would think we played well this year or that it was overall a good year.

I'm disappointed actually. I'm disappointed at a lot of the selections during the year, being served up with some of the efforts we watched and how we failed to deliver when games were there to be won.

I will look forward to next year but I have a bit of an empty feeling after 2010. For now I feel I invested a huge amount for not a lot of return but I'm sure that it will have passed by February .

Great post & great sentiment. I will be renewing my season tickets as usual and I will be there screaming my heart out as usual.

That said, we must face the fact that we are in the same position as we were 12 months ago. We will have a rookie halfback and some new combinations. We will have some great players who will need to recapture past form. We have lost more playing talent than we have gained and we will still have a serious lack of speed with Snake likely to be much slower and Wolfman an unknown quantity with continual injuries. All of this has happened whilst the likes of Canberra, Canterbury, Easts and Brisbane continue to build their rosters strongly.

I agree 100% with the sentiment that we need to get behind them and show our support. I think we will finish in the bottom half of the 8 and give the big guns a real scare.

Yeah i'm all over 2010, it ended on Sunday.  No more bad feelings or to put it perfectly - frustration (thanks jjai).  Sure it was (to me) a disappointing year with more poor performances/negatives than positives...actually, no it's more 50/50. 

Looking forward to next year.  I BELIVE IN BAILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Didn't this happen in a Xmas movie and Santa came through and saved the day??  We can only dream....)

100% agree.

I said something similar in another post.  Forget 2010 and work on 2011 all fresh and ready to go.

Also agree with the Raiders for 2011.  They will be a tough team to beat next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4