1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 squad very promising

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mr seagles, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    1.hoppa/stewart
    2.robbo
    3.matai
    4.lyon
    5.wolfman
    6.foran
    7.cherry evans
    8.king
    9.ballin
    10.kite
    11.stewart
    12.rodney
    13.watmough

14.rose
    15.galuavao
    16.farrar
    17.t/rex if s,till here
    plus...bailey.cross,burhrer,lussick,harrison,mauro,palau,whare plus others that are playing well in q/cup and toyota cup..

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I think we'd be more likely to see 7. Foran 6. B Stewart (to cope with his bad knees) and 1. Hoppa.

Not sure on stewarts general passing game but he strikes me as a lockyer type and could make the transition.

+ he needs to avoid a certain court ruling before we can take that option into account.

3. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Flip, judging by the way that Matty Bowen is performing after his knee operation/s, hopefully Brett will play just as well after the same ops.

4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    I think we need some fresh faces in the pack, hoepfully there might be the odd signing between now and 2011

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,137 / 289
    mr seagles...I really think Whare should be in there somewhere mate. Something like:

01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Steve Matai (if Sharks don't grab him which is likely)
    04. Dean Whare
    05. David Williams
    06. Jamie Lyon
    07. Keiran Foran

6. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    look it could be a number of diff combos but my main idea was that we are looking very good barring injurys of cause and i really think stewart could be no.6 like lockyer will have to wait and see about both hes PROBLEMS wont we...and i still think we have a major chance this year as long as the boys start to click and so what if hodko is leaving we still have a chance this year too...like i posted few weeks ago MANLY should be team of the decade 2007 should have won but CHEATS won ,2008 we won 40 nil and 2009 knocked out by the CHEATS so i think this could still our year and the next..so lets not be to negative and give hodko a chance if doesnt improve soon than put lyon back in the halves i thought they looked good at the start of year with him there.im sure HODKO is playing rugby league to win a premiership so why wouldnt he try now????

7. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    People from who support other teams are thinking we're making room for a big name player. With Cronk's and Gasnier's names being thrown up there

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,137 / 289
    Not happening Ant...if what I heard was true, player managers have had their fill with our lack of communication (as has been read with the Matai case). We are losing the ability to attain again.

mr seagles...i felt like a needed air after that ! Hehehehe...get what your saying...but we will sorely be found out in the 1/2's next year, and maybe going forward in my opinion, unless we start to blood DCE now. I like Hodko, but I'd rather our club focus on 2-5 years of success, rather than one now, then going through the gel / time to adjust period again like we did at the start of this season.

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    I agree Ryan, TH to SCSE and seeya Trent (close the dfoor on the way out mate)!!

Different all together if it was a Thurston or such and we were running hot for the 2010 premiership, but lets face it TH has played 11 games, and we need to blood DCE for 2011

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    TH has been ordinary over the last few weeks and if he doesn't get better then replace him with DCE. I don't think Des will drop him otherwise.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I really dont want to see Foran paying half back.

12. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    We all hope your right, but Brett's operation is much more serious than Bowen. I understand no footballer has gone under it before an played again.

13. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    We all hope your right, but Brett's operation is much more serious than Bowen. I understand no footballer has gone under it before an played again.
    [/quote]

[​IMG] Oh okay, I was under the impression that it was the same operation.