2011 Silvertails.net Jan Davis Memorial Tipping Competition.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
With only 18 days to the start of the season we only have 5 people signed up for the footy tipping competition.

There is still plenty of time to sign-up, so login, enter your tips and you are in the race.

The prize is yet to be decided, and the feedback I am getting is that people prefer things like the framed photos etc, so i will discuss this option instead of a voucher.

Anyway head over and signup and good luck.

http://www.silvertails.net/tipping-comp/jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition

Dan

Still time to join!

And the live odds are now added to the game from sportingbet to the enter tips page. This updates every 2 minutes.

I will be looking into other options like tabsport and betfair as well if anyone has a preference let me know and I will see if I can do a deal

What is with the choice of teams when you forget your tips? I ended up with both home teams somehow as the default option and both away teams won!!!!

Most comps give at away teams if you forget your tips. (My fault I know but to get 0 from 2 is pretty savage!!)

When you go to the tip page after it starts, if you haven't entered your tips the ones showing are not what you get. you get away teams, it just doesn't calculate that until I put in the results

Omg I haven't got any of the bonus games tips right yet!
Dodgy start to the tipping season this time.

its been poor for everyone mate.

Next year I think I may add margins to the mix as well so there is a chance to get bonuses all over the place, I just need to figure out how that will equate to your overall place. I am thinking highest points with lowest margin is the best way and no matter which side of the margin you are short or above, it adds that amount of points to your margin

Same place it was before. Look at the menu at the top of the screen. Tipping Comp

I must be blind. I can't find it. I click on fantasy footy and tipping and it goes to the fantasy and tipping forums. I can't find where to enter my tips.

You are using your mobile phone aren't you?

The mobile theme is completely different.

To go to footy tipping on a mobile go to http://www.silvertails.net

Dan

I do plan on writing a 100% mobile/ipad friendly version

The other thing you can do on the iPad is down the bottom of the screen you will see "Switch to Full Version" use that and it will display the site the way it is mean to :)

Well done in Round 8 to JEF and Ralphie both tipping a perfect 8 out of 8 to jump up to 4th & 5th positions (respectively).

Bastards. ;)

look i havent put a tip on since it started yet i was one of the 1st ones to pay up, i cant access the tipping comp to enter my tips in .am i doing something wrong everytime i logg in i end up back on home page i click footy tipping & then it say you mus be logged in :argue:

jjai said:
everytime i logg in i end up back on home page i click footy tipping & then it say you mus be logged in

Yea I get this intermittently as well (it has been discussed a bit in some other "website feedback" thread or something).
Just re-login as required, usually it just takes me a 2nd time, sometimes a 3rd time.

If you still fail contact Dan direct and sort it out.

Hey Dan, having a look at the ladder updated as of today (Wed 18 May) it looks like at least a couple of tippers failed to get the extra 2 bonus points for tipping the bonus game correctly, perhaps (though I & some others did by the looks).
Might be worth checking if it doesn't update accurately automatically.

Cheers.

yeah it has been reported a few times and for he life of me I can't figure out why.

- I am trying to figure out the login issue it just won't keep anyone logged in and is a real pain
- As for missing 2 points, a few people have asked me about this and I need the email they are sent from the tipping comp to verify they have been entered. The code all looks correct, and they are marked as "missed" in the database so once someone has sent me the verification I can try to look into what has happened.

is the double points game always the Monday night one ???

Also dan i dont think i got any points from this week even though i got 5 its still the same score as before i put me tips in..

[email protected]

just check it out [please thanks..:)

I know you busy dad now

Hi mate,

Looking at your score you did get the correct amount you got 5 correct and you can see this by going into the ladder. (that is for round 12, for round 11 it says you have them all wrong. If you think this is incorrect can you please send me the email that you get when you enter your tips?)

As for the bonus round, it just depends. When I put in the rounds I go through and pick the one that I think will be the toughest of the round to pick, or sometimes I am completely evil and make the manly game the bonus game to see if people will pick against us.

It just depends on what I think at the time of adding the rounds really.

Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7