2011 Memberships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The club's facebook page posted an update saying all packs were sent out Friday or Monday so should arrive before Christmas. Fingers crossed or someone will be pissed at me on Christmas day

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=manlyforever08 link=topic=186137.msg309989#msg309989 date=1292806090]
i really hope we get them before christmas..

I got mine today. Thanks to the volunteers. New cap and a cross-over coolerbag/backpack from the looks.
[/quote]

that's good to hear! here's hoping i could get mine tomorrow! :D

Blake link said:
It still bothers me how many manly jerseys and flags are in the crowd at the 08 GF compared to our membership base. I reckon at least 40,000 people had
Manly gear with them that day.

There are almost 30,000 fans of the Sea Eagles facebook page alone! that should be a starting point to get the message out to achieve that 10,000 members goal.

Joey link said:
There are almost 30,000 fans of the Sea Eagles facebook page alone! that should be a starting point to get the message out to achieve that 10,000 members goal.

And I wonder how many of those almost 30,000 facebook fans are actually fans and not some fool from outside joining to stir up trouble

Got my footy club memebership card yesterday and my members pack today, personally signed by.....Bones

Well done and thank you to those who gave up their time to get these out.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

Got my Football Club Membership (706) card in the mail yesterday and now just waiting for mine and my 3 boys memberships......

wylergnu link said:
My first post. Sorry its slightly negative.

Im a bit desperate for a Christmas present for my girlfriend, so I thought I would get us both a 3 game membership (not very romantic I know). I called up the membership department today on the number shown on the mwse website and asked if I can pay in person at the club. They said sure thing, come in before 5pm.

So on the way home from work I go to the leagues club and Im told they dont do these memberships, go to the factory store across the road. I go to the factory store and they say I have to go to Narrabeen. By now its 4.45pm and its too late to get there. This was probably miscommunication on my part and I know I left it late otherwise I would have signed up on-line, but does anyone strike it a bit odd that you cant get memberships at the leagues club? Or dont they bother as its always empty anyway?

I think the club needs to hire someone with better marketing experience. For example why doesnt the club have a stall at Warringah Mall for the few weeks before Christmas where people could purchase memberships? A membership is an easy gift for people who dont know what to buy. Having a couple of first graders there would look impressive. There must be a hundred other ways the club could be selling itself better.

Anyway it looks like I will now be getting a different Christmas present for my girlfriend. Maybe I will order a membership next year, but then maybe I wont. Sorry for the rant.

I live up in Central Queensland and thought I would upgrade my membership this year. 

I called the club twice on Friday and got no reply.  I emailed through the membership link last night and still got no reply today.

Am starting to question just how serious they are at signing up members.

I realise they probably don't rate my Bird of Prey membership to highly, but I was going to upgrade to a category 1 reserved seat membership this year.

Am starting to wonder if I should even bother at all.  Are those who live outside the boundaries of the Northern Beaches second rate supporters?

as has been stated in these forums several times, they are very understaffed at the moment. It is a very busy time of year. Some of you really need to learn a little something called PATIENCE. They can't deal with every single person straight away.

And to those of you saying that you're not going to memberships this year just because you can't get onto them right now, well that is very petty and why not wait and do it in Jan/Feb? Simple solution to a simple problem. I understand some of you may have wanted them for Xmas presents, but if that is the case, you should've dealt with it weeks ago. The brochures have been out since the end of September!

I don't think I have this wrong but I believe all membership cards are ordered from an outside company. They are printed with your name and membership details on the back and there is a bar code which is then linked to the package you have bought. This barcode is then part of the entry system at Brookvale and keeps count of how many times it has been used. At present I know that this is not something that can be produced on the spot, say at Warringah Mall for example, or for any order in a short period of time. Yes, you could pay for it but the membership package currently cannot be produced on the spot.

In previous years they collected purchase information say over a month, then got all the cards made and then the membership packs are assembled over a couple of days. This means each time there is a cut-off point for doing the memberships.

Don't forget that each type of membership has different items in the pack. Different coloured cards, different lanyards, different goodies etc. So for any membership order it involves many different boxes and that takes up a lot of space. All I am saying is that membership isn't as simple as one might think.

I understand when folks like Sundance and wylergnu are looking for instant service and it could be something the club could look to implementing in future years if they could bring all it in-house. But as Manly to Win! has said the opportunity to become a member has been there for many months now and I am sure the club values every individual who wants to become a member. Be patient supporters.

I got my FC card last week, and the family membership pack arrived yesterday. No probs. The kid on the hill pack for my youngest daughter is great, even better than what is in the family pack. Also I received a reminder in the mail to renew my FC membership around a month ago, and we received the brochure in the mail around two months back for the family membership. No complaints from my point of view on correspondence regarding memberships.

I too received my Football Club Card today, quite surprised and impressed because I only sent back my re-applcation form a couple of days ago (Monday) and I'm in QLD, realistically didn't expect to see it until well after xmas when the post services returns to normal.

got mine yesterday (FC member and 3 game pass) and looks great. As mentioned earlier there has been illness and shortage of staff. Gathering from the press dollars have been tight so patience is needed. The bottom line is that we need to support the club. Whilst Manly looks pretty amateurish compared to others, it's our club and they do need us!

wylergnu link said:

Im a bit desperate for a Christmas present for my girlfriend, so I thought I would get us both a 3 game membership (not very romantic I know). I called up the membership department today on the number shown on the mwse website and asked if I can pay in person at the club. They said sure thing, come in before 5pm.

So on the way home from work I go to the leagues club and Im told they dont do these memberships, go to the factory store across the road. I go to the factory store and they say I have to go to Narrabeen. By now its 4.45pm and its too late to get there. This was probably miscommunication on my part and I know I left it late otherwise I would have signed up on-line, but does anyone strike it a bit odd that you cant get memberships at the leagues club? Or dont they bother as its always empty anyway?

I think the club needs to hire someone with better marketing experience. For example why doesnt the club have a stall at Warringah Mall for the few weeks before Christmas where people could purchase memberships? A membership is an easy gift for people who dont know what to buy. Having a couple of first graders there would look impressive. There must be a hundred other ways the club could be selling itself better.

Anyway it looks like I will now be getting a different Christmas present for my girlfriend. Maybe I will order a membership next year, but then maybe I wont. Sorry for the rant.

If the club is struggling to fulfill the items then they can hardly manage to staff a stall at the Mall - i would suggest giving the new membership manager a chance before slating them (they are only new to the role)

Got my membership package today (minus cap) and am now waiting for the arrival of my 3 kids packages! I live out of town (Canberra) and have a voucher to get my cap. Maybe it is because I ordered the 3 game package.......

lsz link said:
[quote author=wylergnu link=topic=186137.msg310151#msg310151 date=1292921212]

If the club is struggling to fulfill the items then they can hardly manage to staff a stall at the Mall - i would suggest giving the new membership manager a chance before slating them (they are only new to the role)
[/quote]

And quite sick I believe.

I Pm'd wylergnu this morning to see if I could help - I've not heard back so was a bit dissapointed he didn't respond immediately.

Miss Kate has received her pack and I heard that Georgeous George has had a hat express posted to him.

They're getting there....

that 2011  cap looks real good, im wearing mine to work today,,  had a courier come in seen me wearing  & says thats a bit premature,  i  say what  , he says 2011 premiers on your cap,, i go nah mate not yet  read it again.. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4