2011 Grand Final Replay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
+ Jesus Christ Laurie Daley death rode us the whole game. When the game was lost to The Warriors, he clammed right up. Hate that dickhead.

+ Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Noel Cleal & Donny Singe were the perfect group. What a balanced, well prepared team. We looked structured, organized and fit as a fiddle.

+ People were hard on Choc, but boy, what a legend.

+ I'd argue we have a much better roster on paper. Mauro, Rodney, Rose, T-Rex & others. How this current team is a shadow of that prior team is a testament to Des Hasler, and his coaching.

+ 82,159 fans turned up to watch that game in Sydney. Quite a few of them Manly fans. Why do they jump on the ship when we make a GF, yet our membership numbers can't hit 15k? Back your team, and sign up - jeez. (Need more fans like @BOZO who put their money where their loyalties are.)

What about that final 20 mins? How did we hang on? I remember thinking we would just be pipped, and what about that set where DCE kicked with his left foot. I've never rode home the clock like that night. It just seemed like every set the Warriors would score.

That set where killer pounced on the ball in about the 71st min was crucial.

What about that final 20 mins? How did we hang on? I remember thinking we would just be pipped, and what about that set where DCE kicked with his left foot. I've never rode home the clock like that night. It just seemed like every set the Warriors would score.

That set where killer pounced on the ball in about the 71st min was crucial.

That was massive. Lyon getting to that loose ball was amazing. It was energy, urgency & effort we just don't see in this current team.

Also thought Maloney really cost them. That last pass, where he threw it forward with about 10 to go was critical.

Our defense though. Boy, it was almost like it had a personality. When it got angry, or things went against the team, we would just turn it up and obliterate.

My memory of the 'golden period' of 07 to 13 was that defence. We would turn it up for a set or two where would smash teams and they would struggle to make 20metres. Even people like Gus would comment on how we would gain ground with our defence.

We are the only team in the modern era to win a premiership at least once every decade . We will rebuild once again another dynasty
We are the mighty Sea eagles !!!
12932995_991960167554734_8912801431723505249_n.jpg

That 2011 team was a great team. I really thought they were a big chance to win that year when they drew a line in the sand in round 25 against the drizzle and sent a message that they were not going to be pushed around by the other teams fighting it out.

That team had it all, a strong forward pack led by some great players at their peaks like Whatmough, Stewart and Kite leading the way with the polish of 2 exciting halves who were amazing that year and the experience and composure of a quality back line that could tear teams apart.

They were great days and I really hope we see them again soon.

Great days indeed-I miss that steel chain that moved up the park and just chopped down everything in sight. A truly great team engineered by the nutty professor. I can't believe he left us in our prime.

Should never have happened. Imagine Hasler, Toovey, Crusher and Singe with this current roster? We'd be 5-0 I reckon.

In '11 I was working in Arnhem Land, we had a TV setup in our bush camp. (Generator)
The old Cook & I were the only NRL fans, (the others AFL) Cookie was a Melbourne fan & arrogantly claimed Manly beating Brisbane would be their last win & the Storm would go all the way.
When Melbourne ran out of time & the siren sounded, Cookie was stunned, speechless, he had no speech.
I didn't say too much lest I be poisoned, but inside I was cheering!! Haha. Good days.

We were the complete side back then. It is going to be a long time before another team, let alone us manages to have a run like we did fro 07-13. It took us from 04-06 to build to that point, and we got very lucky in terms of player replacements.

But now I am just thinking about how much longer that run could have gone if Foran and Choc didn't do their best to sabotage it.

My memory of the 'golden period' of 07 to 13 was that defence. We would turn it up for a set or two where would smash teams and they would struggle to make 20metres. Even people like Gus would comment on how we would gain ground with our defence.
We "made" more meters defensively by absolutely busting the opposition's ass, driving them backwards and putting immense pressure on them.

No one ever got it over those forward packs. Ever.

I've said it before but defense is what wins premierships. Points can be found, but beating a team into submission and forcing them to over play their hand... Great way to win...

Obviously I was a prop
When I played lol..

In '11 I was working in Arnhem Land, we had a TV setup in our bush camp. (Generator)
The old Cook & I were the only NRL fans, (the others AFL) Cookie was a Melbourne fan & arrogantly claimed Manly beating Brisbane would be their last win & the Storm would go all the way.
When Melbourne ran out of time & the siren sounded, Cookie was stunned, speechless, he had no speech.
I didn't say too much lest I be poisoned, but inside I was cheering!! Haha. Good days.

Mate, that is an outstanding story. Thanks for sharing that !

Should never have happened. Imagine Hasler, Toovey, Crusher and Singe with this current roster? We'd be 5-0 I reckon.
Ryan you are getting delusional again---5-0 with the current roster i don't think so. (he can't even work this type of miracle at the Dogs)

If I could combine the best of our 2011 GF team with our current team.....

FB - Brett Stewart (vc)
WG - Michael Robertson
CE - Jamie Lyon (c)
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Kieran Foran (the 2011 version, not the sook)
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Brent Kite
HK - Matt Ballin
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Anthony Watmough
SR - Martin Taupau
LK - Glenn Stewart

Res - Jamie Buhrer, Tony Williams, Nate Myles, Brenton Lawrence
Coach - Des Hasler

That would be a pretty formidable team IMO.

Of our 2011 GF team, only Snake, Killer, Skivy, DCE and Ferris are still at Manly

Ryan you are getting delusional again---5-0 with the current roster i don't think so. (he can't even work this type of miracle at the Dogs)

Why? Why can't we have ONE conversation without someone make it personal yet again. Can't you disagree by just disagreeing?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6