1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 - Game at Gosford

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DVS Matt, Feb 17, 2009.

1. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Received a letter from the club today saying that our round 20 home match against the Knights has been moved to Gosford.

I guess we need to do these things if the money is tight and the ground developments are looking shakey at best.

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Might be the thin end of the wedge if current rumours are to be believed. Letter signed by one S. Penn as well, just to add to the conspiracy.

3. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    dont be an idiot it was done for one reason only they are paid to take a game there.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    settle petal.....I had my tounge firmly in cheek.

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I laughed C and C but many a true word is spoken in jest. One whisper about Mayer and Penn involves the Central Coast Eagles!!!!

6. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Why Newcastle - i went last time and its a 50/50 crowd - we smashed them still

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I remember last year Mayer came out and said that 2008 was the end of our deal with Gosford and we wouldnt be back there after that.

Maybe he isnt squeaky clean either

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    If the Penns were hell-bent on taking Manly to the Coast then those photos of them walking around in "Brookie Forever" T shirts are going to come back and haunt them.  In reality Mayer and Scott Penn have been working hard for 2 years to get the funding required for Brookvale.  I haven;t seen Max Delmege and Philip Deans etc out lobbying for the cause, have you?

The reason for this relocation is simple and brilliant.  It attract a horde of dimb-witted Knoights supporters to come and spend their hard-earned for our profit.  You could almost call it our revenge on them for 1997.

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Nothing will ever erase 1997.  Good for you Mata for taking such a strident stand supporting the Penns, but a few T-shirts won't convince me of their sincerity.  I don't walk around alongside Max these days to check his attire but I do remember his involvement saving us when all looked gorn.  I didn't see the Penns then.   

10. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Having just received the letter I note this decision of the Board was unanimous - probably the only unanimous decision to come out of that infamous Board Meeting!

11. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Knights fans having money..

Surely you jest..?

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Knights fans having money..

Surely you jest..?
    [/quote]  They spend their dole on beer and football.  Housing Commission pays people to live there, they don't have to find the rent.