2008 GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just caught the last 35 minutes. Great memories of being there, still can't watch without bringing tears to my eyes!!

+ Heath Le'Strange type character on the bench - brilliant
+ We looked 10 times faster, fitter & more committed
+ Glenn Hall was a machine, and very mobile (in comparison to todays lads)
+ Ox was amazing in that game
+ How good was Beaver - he scored 14-15 tries in his last year !!
+ How good was it to have 3 quick back men
+ Our forward rotation / bench destroys todays one
+ Our lads just looked like blood brothers / different to today I reckon

Man, oh for that culture again.

Hopefully next year, when the guys that want to go, go - we can get that "in the trenches" attitude again - especially on D.

+ Steven Bell - miss him badly
+ Lyon was fantastic @ 5/8 (and was so through all those finals)
+ The team looked enthusiastic, and were enjoying themselves - again - different to today, when it looks as though our guys are "doing a job"
+ Did I say we looked we looked 10 times faster, fitter & more committed. LoL. Even the coaching staff & some management looked fitter - hehehehehe...
+ Hell, I'll even give a wrap to Bryant. Him and Hall were certainly the better of Galuvao and Cross - that's for certain.

Oh well, times move on. Hopefully we can get that back next year. Injuries have destroyed our chance this year (shakes fist at football gods).

Steve Bell wasnt fast but he was a rock in defence and he could brake a tackle.
Beaver defence is a hugh loss to us.
Hall was one of our hardest runners up the middle.
My only concern about that GF was how hard was it to pick the MOM = Kite, Lyon & Glenn Stewart would have been the hardest to pick ever.
On Ox that kick he put through for Robbo's second try was great.

I got the 2008 GF DVD and watch it every few months to visit the good old days. I agree that Bryant, Hall, Bell, Le-strange and Beaver are sorely missed.

Canteen Worker link said:
Beaver's try. It still gives me shivers up and down the spine when I watch it or listen to the radio broadcast.
Same with me. I have it on my ipod & when ever I hear him score that try I get a shiver down my spine.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6