200+ Game players for the one club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Being in the Leagues club on Sunday reminded me of Manly's great record of having 14 players that have played over 200 first grade games for the club.

Snippetts that I have picked up over the years indicate that this might be a record when compared to other clubs. I'm very sure that Souths and the roosters have nowhere near this many even though they have been around since 1908.

I have unsuccessfully tried to google this info to find the record for all clubs. Can one of our stats gurus help me out with this info?

I think it is an excellent indicator of the culture of success at Manly. Players want to stay here and we look after our own.

From memory the 200+ players for Manly are
Bob Batty
Max Krilich
Graham Eadie
Bob Fulton
Cliffy Lyons
Des Hasler
Steve Menzies
Owen Cunningham
Paul Vautin
Terry Randall
Alan Thompson
Geoff Toovey
Fred Jones
Anthony Watmough

Kite should enter the 200 club for Manly assuming he plays most of the games over the next two years of his contract.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't get bitten by the injury bug & stays healthy enough to round out 200 games for the club.

Brisbane has 10, Canberra has 9, Bulldogs have 10, Sharks have 8, Storm have 3, Newcastle have 6, Titans have 0, Cowboys have 2, Parra have 10, Penrith have 7, St. George Illawarra have 2, St.george had 8, Illawarra had 0, Souths only have 3, Roosters have 5, Warriors have 1, Balmain had 3, Wests had 2, Norths had 4, Newtown had 1 and the rest (Cumberland, Annandale, University, Glebe, South Queensland, Adelaide, Hunter, and original Gold Coast and Newcastle) had 0.

So yes, we have the best record, but Brisbane and Canberra are the best of all, considering length of time in competition.

Although the length of the competition today has a big say in clubs like Canberra and Brisbane having a relatively high number.

Example: Roy Bull played 1st grade for more than a decade (49-59) and still didn't crack the 200 barrier. The competition was only 18 rounds long back then. Injuries would have played their part, but today, if you played say for 11 seasons and avoided a lot of injuries - you'd easily crack 200.

I think we are the only club to have had two 300+ game players?

What a shame Bretts probably missed 40 games since 08
I really hop he hits the 200. He deserves to be up there with the other legends

Injury has robbed Brett of a chance to catch Irvine as top try scorer ever.
At current rate when he hits 200 games he will be on 160 tries and in top 5 for tries ever. still 20 behind Beaver. and a further 32 behind irvine.

That would be 52 behind irvine's 212. By the way beaver's total tally is above 212 now if you count his 3 seasons in the uk.

So with Brett's current try scoring rate he would need to play close to 260 games. This would mean a further 6 seasons (assuming he plays 20 games each season) and would be 32 years old. This is definitely doable but all dependent on how his knees hold up.

Manly To Win! said:
Brisbane has 10, Canberra has 9, Bulldogs have 10, Sharks have 8, Storm have 3, Newcastle have 6, Titans have 0, Cowboys have 2, Parra have 10, Penrith have 7, St. George Illawarra have 2, St.george had 8, Illawarra had 0, Souths only have 3, Roosters have 5, Warriors have 1, Balmain had 3, Wests had 2, Norths had 4, Newtown had 1 and the rest (Cumberland, Annandale, University, Glebe, South Queensland, Adelaide, Hunter, and original Gold Coast and Newcastle) had 0.

So yes, we have the best record, but Brisbane and Canberra are the best of all, considering length of time in competition.

Thanks for that Manly to Win! Where did you source that info from - I'd like to take a look at the names?

"Souths only have 3, Roosters have 5"
These two interest me. If that doesn't say everything about these clubs I don't know what does. Particularly over the last 40 years when most of the 200+ players have played.

Ricko and Mini for the Roosters for sure. Freddie would have went close to 200 for them as well.

Only 3 for Souths is surprising. Tugger one ?

It was tougher in the old days, No physios, harder grounds, harder players, one had to work as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4