$2.5m/season on 3 players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a huge Jake fan...he's heart and soul no doubt. Wouldn't swap him at all. But I cant say I see him being worth as much coin as his brother even now, let alone in the long term. That's not meant to be a knock, just reflective of the type of player he is as compared to a match winner like his brother. And I know if you get one you most likely get the other ( at this stage of their careers anyway ).

But how many forwards would be on more in the NRL (per figures quoted ) ??? Or anywhere near at this early stage of their career ??

Lucky the figures are only Dean Ritchie's or I'd be worried.

Like I say - not the slightest knock on Jake as a player. Hope we keep em both for life.

If you pay Paul now you rob Peter later. And who will be the next forced out the door to have us all screaming.

I'm a huge Jake fan...he's heart and soul no doubt. Wouldn't swap him at all. But I cant say I see him being worth as much coin as his brother even now, let alone in the long term. That's not meant to be a knock, just reflective of the type of player he is as compared to a match winner like his brother. And I know if you get one you most likely get the other ( at this stage of their careers anyway ).

But how many forwards would be on more in the NRL (per figures quoted ) ??? Or anywhere near at this early stage of their career ??

Lucky the figures are only Dean Ritchie's or I'd be worried.

Like I say - not the slightest knock on Jake as a player. Hope we keep em both for life.

If you pay Paul now you rob Peter later. And who will be the next forced out the door to have us all screaming.

Forwards tend to develop later than backs. I think you'l find Jake will be as important at Manly as Lazarus, Gallen, Kennedy, Gillespie etc were for their sides. Tough, uncompromising leaders who inspire by example, dont necessarily do the pretty things, but they hold the fort through no nonsense defence and attack. You need at least one in a team to give the side bite.

Technicality.

I am sure you were happy to call the Stewarts local juniors at some point in history.

You surely get my SENTIMENT?
Sure it's a technicality and my care factor is very low, However, I never called the Stewarts local juniors. They simply weren't. Like I said - I couldn't care less.

Sure it's a technicality and my care factor is very low, However, I never called the Stewarts local juniors. They simply weren't. Like I said - I couldn't care less.

Problem with that line Frank is where do you draw the line. Bob Fulton was born in England. Does that make him an English junior. Some say its where you play your first competitive game, but what if you played union as a youngster and switched when you were 15. You see is all so arbitrary, depending upon what measure you use. And in the end does it really matter. The division of league areas is so disproportionate, that half the Queensland players are Broncos juniors. Unless the League establish an equitable junior allocation to all clubs, where you were born or first played League is irrelevant.

Problem with that line Frank is where do you draw the line. Bob Fulton was born in England. Does that make him an English junior. Some say its where you play your first competitive game, but what if you played union as a youngster and switched when you were 15. You see is all so arbitrary, depending upon what measure you use. And in the end does it really matter. The division of league areas is so disproportionate, that half the Queensland players are Broncos juniors. Unless the League establish an equitable junior allocation to all clubs, where you were born or first played League is irrelevant.
I'm not at all sure how the junior clubs are allocated these days. In the past every club had their own nursery and a club's "juniors" came through that system. imo if you don't come through that system then you're not a junior. Like I said in my last post I couldn't care less. I think if a player has spent the majority of their career at a single club then you can lay claim to that player as "theirs". Beyond that idgaf. :)

Unfortunately Dan, these are tomorrow's good old days
I can't wait until I can say "remember those days" about these days and look back wistfully and tell the youth that they don't know how good they have it

Remember we still have Matai and Snake on the books for big coin (justified). Had either been able by now to announce a medical retirement I believe we would not have had the need or desire to offload Buhrer.

90% of our recruitment strategy probably hinges on the surgeons reports.

Blue sky is they both return in good form ... then happy days!

I was thinking about this last night, it would indicate that their rehab is going ok so far albeit a long way off.

How much would you pay each maximum? Without worring about 3rd party.
DCE 700ish
Tom T: 250 - 350 (with incentive to go higher, he is still fresh and raw and has a lot to prove and learn and thus far has shown glimpses but nothing amazing)
Jake: 300 -350 still a young forward solid good work rate but not among the best in the game.

I'm probably a bit lean on jake but it's early in his career Tom will be worth more in the future but at the moment he is an above average player but not a super star

Put it this way...if Nate Myles is worth $500,000 per season, the Trbojevic's if you compare class levels are worth $999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 per game.

DCE 700ish
Tom T: 250 - 350 (with incentive to go higher, he is still fresh and raw and has a lot to prove and learn and thus far has shown glimpses but nothing amazing)
Jake: 300 -350 still a young forward solid good work rate but not among the best in the game.

I'm probably a bit lean on jake but it's early in his career Tom will be worth more in the future but at the moment he is an above average player but not a super star
Nothing amazing? He played a whole season on 1 leg and was way above everyone else in the team! He is one of the best in the Comp! He's already shown us he is the heir to the number 1 jersey for Aus and NSW.

DCE 700ish

Id go more on TT, 500 easily. He has to be one of the top 1's in the game.
I would think that the marketing value of these three would also be worth a bit.

Id go more on TT, 500 easily. He has to be one of the top 1's in the game.
I would think that the marketing value of these three would also be worth a bit.

Tedesco is far better, I would say Moylan is more proven and better and if Brett Stewart is fit and has his head and heart in it starts in number 1 over TT every time. Inglis is better when he is playing fullback and I would also dare say Munster is better to.

Lets not mistake potential for actual proof. At the moment he has been solid and in a mixture of position and has show potential. Sure he may have been injured but he showed that he has a lot of work to do in positioning in defense, organizing the team and finishing off a break.

So is he good? Well it seems so
is it proven? not yet
Does he have a ways to go? yes

So no not 500k and not amongst the best, but has the potential to be one of the best.

Brett Stewart at this stage in his career was streets ahead of him and class from the get go

The club won't pay 750. The Turbos will take 750. I'd tell the media that too. His brother is a different story but Jake had a pretty quiet year, and at his age tell him he's dreaming. If the dragon will pay more and he wants to play for them, I'm happy to smile and wave. See ya .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8