1981 Team Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Hey All

Can anyone tell me who was in the team of 1981.

We came fifth, beaten by Newtown in the semi's who eventually got done by Parramatta.

I was there that day - was the biggest and longest fight in the history of the game. The week before we drew with Parra in the last game at Cumbo 28 - all and we were tipped to trouble them.

As I remember we had Eadie at FB, Dorahy was one centre, Thompson was five-eighth, Randall was in the pack and Broadhurst was one front rower with Krilich the hooker.

These were the players that scored points in 1981.
Graham Eadie
John Dorahy
Max Krilich
John Gibbs
Tom Mooney
Simon Booth
Stuart Davis
Michael Blake
Mark Broadhurst
Steve Martin
Geoff Gerard
Chris Montgomery
Bruce Walker
Alan Thompson
Paul Vautin
Ross Windshuttle
Ray Brown
Les Boyd
Russel Gartner
Terry Randall
Mike Eden

I was there that day - was the biggest and longest fight in the history of the game. The week before we drew with Parra in the last game at Cumbo 28 - all and we were tipped to trouble them.

As I remember we had Eadie at FB, Dorahy was one centre, Thompson was five-eighth, Randall was in the pack and Broadhurst was one front rower with Krilich the hooker.

Other players who I am 99% sure played that day.

Mooney was on one wing
Gibbs was the half back
Blake was in the centres

Premiership Minor Semifinal, Sunday 13th September 1981.

Newtown 20 (Mick Ryan 2, Phil Gould, Ray Blacklock, Phil Sigsworth tries; Phil Sigsworth 2 goals; Ken Wilson field goal) beat
Manly Warringah 15 (Simon Booth 2, Stuart Davis tries; Graeme Eadie 3 goals)at Sydney Cricket Ground.
Half time: 13-0. Crowd: 22,440. Referee: John Gocher.

Newtown: Phil Sigsworth; John Ferguson, Mick Ryan, Brian Hetherington, Ray Blacklock; P Morris, Tom Raudonikis (c); G OÕGrady, M Pitman, Phil Gould, S Blythe, Jim Walters, Steve Bowden; B Jensen, Ken Wilson, C Ellis.
Manly Warringah: Graeme Eadie; Mooney, J Dorahy, Simon Booth, Stuart Davis; Thompson, John Gibbs; Bruce Walker, Boyd, Terry Randall, Broadhurst, Max Krilich (c), Gerard; Martin, Brown.
Sent off: Terry Randall (Manly Warringah), 1, fighting.
Sent off: Steve Bowden (Newtown), 1, fighting.

Basically Newtown took Manly in a fight to put us off our game and were wildly successful. We lost the fight and the game, did not play any footy till late in the second half when our class showed but we were outfoxed. It is history that the Warren Ryan coached Jets went to make the grand final fairytale run but were beaten in the last 20 mins by a Sterling Kenny inspired Eels to win their first premiership.

The next two years the Phil Blake inspired Eagles were the victims of the same combination.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7