13th ... with a bullet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The next few weeks will be the real test. Before tonight i was not confident of winning any of the next few games against the top sides but that has changed slightly tonight, More importantly i think we can avoid the spoon :)

Timing is everything in such a close comp. For example, Manly is finally building momentum while some of the so-called heavyweights (including the Cows who we almost beat last time at their home ground) might be starting to 'conserve themselves' for their finals assault.
We only need to jag another win or two and our momentum might take on a life of its own.

I'm quietly confident about next weekend. The Stockmen don't have a good record at Stadium Brookvalia. The next big test will be the short NZ turnaround.

No, three of the next three!

From there it starts to get easier. Souths weren't that impressive in beating us last time. They and Parra and Easts all have poor records at Brookvale. The away games are Canberra and Cronulla, generally happy hunting grounds for Manly.

What is better for us?

Do we (13th, 16pts) hope that the Eels 12th (18pts v Dogs 8th 20pts), Raiders 10th (18pts v Cronulla 9th 20pts) & Panthers 11th (18pts v Storm 6th 20pts) all loose this week so we can catch the teams immediately above us or do we want them all to win to keep the 8 closer to us?

Same for Dragons 7th (20pts v Souths 5th 22pts)?

For mine if we are chasing a top 8 birth we can sit behind Parramatta for 1 more week and enjoy them helping our charge into the 8.

Realistically we could be 4pts of 5th by the end of the next round.

Forget the spoon, Manly does not get wooden spoons, next week we might be shooting for 12th, or maybe even 11th!

Since a couple of weeks ago, I've looked at the table and figured we're good for heading up one position per round. It is a congested table so it is doable, and if we can sneak into 7th/6th for the finals, anything can happen.

Maybe not a premiership season for us, but no doubt the top clubs will be extremely weary of us come the business end of the year.

I figured we're two losses from falling into 'mathmatical chances' or 'depending on other results'.

Yeah the fact that its a really tight comp this year (which has been common in recent years) means we still have a decent shot. F/A is going to be critical so wins like that against the titans really help our cause.

We can, and will, beat the 'Boys next Monday night. Brookie Oval will live up to its Fortress status.
What a shame there will only be a small crowd. Should be played on a Sunday afternoon.
From my memory I can only recall the 'Boys beating Manly at Brookie once - and that was after the bell.
Anyone know what their record is at Brookie?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4