110metre drop out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unbelievable! Maybe there was a strong wind blowing.

I've seen that sort of thing in union (due to their footballs being better shaped for kicking) but never in league.

Interesting, is it a penalty in front to the other team? Or only if it is on the full?

I was watching that game. Yes there was a wind and the ball probably travelled 70 in the air but got a beautiful bounce and just kept rolling until it went over the dead ball line. fantastic.

Shoe1 said:
Interesting, is it a penalty in front to the other team? Or only if it is on the full?

I reckon it would be a goal line drop out at the other end. The same as if a kick off goes dead (not on the full).

Surprising that the defender fielded it only to concede a goal line drop out. Had he let it run dead they would have had a 20-metre restart.

The Who said:
Surprising that the defender fielded it only to concede a goal line drop out. Had he let it run dead they would have had a 20-metre restart.

Don't think so mate. It was a kick from a re-start in play, not a kick in general play. Therefor the re-start would have been a goal line dropout regardless of whether he touched it or not (I think :p).

bones said:
The Who said:

Don't think so mate. It was a kick from a re-start in play, not a kick in general play. Therefor the re-start would have been a goal line dropout regardless of whether he touched it or not (I think :p).

You're right. I stand corrected.

If the ball had gone over deadball line without being touched it is an optional 20m re-start - same as any other time the ball is kicked over an opponent's deadball line in general play except from a kickoff or penalty.

The rule that says it's a dropout if the ball goes dead only includes kick offs from halfway, not 20m or goal line drop outs.

pg 18 http://www.arlra.org.au/pdf-files/NRL_Rules_Book_2013_Web.pdf

2. The game is re-started with an optional kick from the centre of the 20m line if:
(a) an attacking player last touches the ball before it goes out of play over the dead ball line or into touch in-goal except from a penalty kick (see Law 3), or from a kick off from the centre of the halfway line.

Brissie Kid said:
If the ball had gone over deadball line without being touched it is an optional 20m re-start - same as any other time the ball is kicked over an opponent's deadball line in general play except from a kickoff or penalty.

The rule that says it's a dropout if the ball goes dead only includes kick offs from halfway, not 20m or goal line drop outs.

pg 18 http://www.arlra.org.au/pdf-files/NRL_Rules_Book_2013_Web.pdf

2. The game is re-started with an optional kick from the centre of the 20m line if:
(a) an attacking player last touches the ball before it goes out of play over the dead ball line or into touch in-goal except from a penalty kick (see Law 3), or from a kick off from the centre of the halfway line.
You might want to read that rule again.
The rule you quoted is for a 20m tap (optional kick from the centre of the 20m line)
Had the ball gone dead with no touch it would be a goal line drop out.

Have often thought that in dry conditions you could get a toe punt drop kick that would go 100m on the fly.

Would be risky if you didn't hit it but it would be doable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4