10 from 2008

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Dragging out the old 2008 GF t-shirt for a proud wear I noticed that there are only ten players of the 2008 GF campaign still wearing the maroon & white only three years later.

Reknowned for minimal player rotation, Des only used 26 players in 2008. To have only 10 players remaining in just a three-year period is remarkable.

So... the 16 that are gone are :

Bani
Menzies
Bell
Orford
Le Strange
Williamson
Cuthbertson
Perry
Hall

... I am missing 7. Arg...

The 10 that remain,

Lyon
Kite
King
Robbo
Williams (David)
Glenn
Brett
Matai
Choc
Balin

AFAMASAGA, Jack
BALLIN, Matt
BANI, Michael
BELL, Steve
BRADLEY-QALILAWA, Nick
BRYANT, Mark
CUTHBERTSON, Adam
HALL, Glenn
KING, Jason
KITE, Brent
L'ESTRANGE, Heath
LYON, Jamie
MATAI, Steve
MAURO, Vic
MENZIES, Steve
MORWOOD, Phil
NEUMANN, Shane
ORFORD, Matt
PERRY, Josh
ROBERTSON, Michael
ROBSON, Jeff
STEWART, Brett
STEWART, Glenn
VAEALIKI, David
WATMOUGH, Anthony
WILLIAMS, David
WILLIAMSON, Luke

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2008/Manly_Warringah_Sea_Eagles/summary.html

My thoughts after reading the list above -

Lucky we still don't have NEUMANN, Shane.

But for the life of me I don't remember BRADLEY-QALILAWA, Nick playing for us, or even who he is.

And JEFFSON, Rob wishes he was still with Manly.

Brookie4eva said:

But for the life of me I don't remember BRADLEY-QALILAWA, Nick playing for us, or even who he is.

NBQ, tha koala. He was around for years, from back in the just post beagles days. I think 08 might have been a one off last stint.

Brookie4eva said:

NBQ!!! A local St Pius boy...I only know because Jake kept mentioning this lol

Jono said:
Brookie4eva said:

Actually he was a norths junior.... Rarely got a start.... And newman ended up at the sharks?? Poor bugger couldnt get a start there!

Mac Man said:
Jono said:
Brookie4eva said:

Actually he was a norths junior.... Rarely got a start.... And newman ended up at the sharks?? Poor bugger couldnt get a start there!

Neumann ended up at the Bulldogs, played a few matches there last year, got released and is now in the QLD Cup. You might be thinking of Paul Stephenson who could never get a start with the Sharks and is now playing country football.

Rusty said:
So... the 16 that are gone are :

Bani
Menzies
Bell
Orford
Le Strange
Williamson
Cuthbertson
Perry
Hall

... I am missing 7. Arg...

The 10 that remain,

Lyon
Kite
King
Robbo
Williams (David)
Glenn
Brett
Matai
Choc
Balin

Of the players that left the club. Only the great Beaver and Perry would make this awesome 2011 team.

What it shows is that we, unlike other clubs that shall remain nameless, don't rort the salary cap.

It also shows what an awesome recruiting team that we have at Manly.

And also shows the quality coaching that we have at the club, with blokes like Will Hopoate, Buhrer, Foran, DCE, Oldfield, Lussick all coming through since 2008...........what other team, apart from Brisbane, could boast the quality youngsters that this club has found in recent seasons?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2