• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I know that we bitched about this last year, but it still bugs me no end that only 10/16 teams are given the right and opportunity to play a week one semi at home.

Toovey has come out and said that there is no real reward for winning the minor premiership. Further to that, it just stinks that we are not given the right to host week one at Brookvale. That would be a huge advantage for us, and no doubt would be short priced favourites. Who would want to play us at our hostile fortress?

Melbourne are allowed to play a home semi. So are Brisbane, Warriors, Canberra, Roosters, Souths, Dogs, Gold Coast, Cowboys and Knights.

All of those teams are given the right to host a semi, with their hostile crowd cheering them on. We have no such right. That stinks.

Yeah, I've heard the justification. The NRL wants to maximise tickets sales, since they profit, but it's not fair to grant such an advantage to some and not others.

Our CEO should back Toovey's comments and say that we want the rule changed next year. We should be able to play a home semi at Brookvale as well.

10, is this a new Top 8 system that is based on the bye?

only 8 teams get into the top 8, that's the thing about the top 8, it consists of the top 8 teams and therefore ends up with 8 different teams playing!

I do however thing they should change it to the top 7 something closer to the top 5 playoff series, knowing half the teams gets through is just silly

Think that the point being made is that only 10 of the 16 clubs have the opportunity to host a home semi if they finish top 4.

It's just another rort , designed to have all the smaller Sydney clubs playing out of the sterile concrete pits on a full time basis.

Agree completely; massive disadavantage for us - even greenturd would have to admit on some level the atmosphere of a semi at Fort Brookie would be kick ass (and also look awesome for TV with the ground at max capacity)

i guess we'll have to wait until Fort Brookie gets it illusive upgrade ...

If our 'hostile crowd' travelled, it wouldn't be an issue. The 2007-2008 crowds at the SFS finals matches were big and vocal. The 2012-2013 versions not so much.

How ironic. The NRL claims to be concerned that not all fans would be able to see a final if it is played on a suburban ground yet it GIVES THE TV NETWORK COMPLETE CONTROL EVERY WEEK, and all they care about is eyeballs on the screen. If the number of people attending matches was important to the NRL they would take control of the scheduling and give teams more daytime matches, particularly on a Sunday afternoon. Then I might buy the NRL's justification in playing away from smaller venues.
Ground attendances have become unimportant to the NRL, who are busy counting their television cash.
The 'Riff are rightly spewing about their schedule this year. It has almost been as bad as the one we copped in 2013. It may mean the 'Riff starts playing at the Homebush cavern, purely to get a financial advantage.

The Who said:
How ironic. The NRL claims to be concerned that not all fans would be able to see a final if it is played on a suburban ground yet it GIVES THE TV NETWORK COMPLETE CONTROL EVERY WEEK, and all they care about is eyeballs on the screen. If the number of people attending matches was important to the NRL they would take control of the scheduling and give teams more daytime matches, particularly on a Sunday afternoon. Then I might buy the NRL's justification in playing away from smaller venues.
Ground attendances have become unimportant to the NRL, who are busy counting their television cash.
The 'Riff are rightly spewing about their schedule this year. It has almost been as bad as the one we copped in 2013. It may mean the 'Riff starts playing at the Homebush cavern, purely to get a financial advantage.

They only care about attendance numbers when they are collecting the gate.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2