1 of the great days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Not only do I watch us beat the wankers on their turf, we get to watch Billy "Superstar" Slater bomb the game.

Ben Farrar, Even though your cover defence on their tries was soft, I love you and you can have a spot in the starting lineup until you are 45. Slater was already patting himself on the back and you chopped his legs out, and made him panic. My new Manly hero. Even though I think Des playing him at fullback all day gave us an indication he will be the 1 making way next week

tbh, I have lost all perspective on the game. I thought we were horredous with the ball in the 1st half, it took 25mins for a half decent set, but the defence was terrific

As soon as they hit the lead in the 2nd half, I gave the game away. I didn't see us holding them out or us getting another point.

It probably goes down as a lucky win, but possibly the most defining one of the season as well.

We arsed 2 of our tries, but the ticker shown, to fall behind, into a massive breeze, at a place we have never won, against our biggest rival, must lift these boys 100%

The forward roll in the 2nd half was awesome, the 1 from Rose stood out, but Parry was outstanding, Kite was hitting hard and King is just consistent these days

And the best part, we did it all off the back of a quiet Watmough day.

Matt Ballin. Dominant. imo his best game in Manly colours, his 2nd half was what won us that game, he picked his spots to run beautifully, should have gotten more penalties out of the refs, and took the right options. Channel 9 agreed and he was a deserving MOTM

Lyon was crucial today as well. When he came back on, his presence lifted us, and Orford was awesome in attack in that 2nd half with Lyon back on.

Was good to see Matai back into a power game, straight and hard. I actually pictured Dan when he threw that shocker off the tap haha. Still room to improve, but the signs were good. Ran out of the line to stop Slater as well which was looking like a try

Mentioned the front rowers earlier, all were good. Stewart work rate was awesome as well. Hall looked better today too

Kicking game was terrible, we got out foxed with a couple of moves, but I will take the 2 pts and the finals berth next week will secure for us

Also

Is it a sign you are spending too much time on a forum, when you watch a game and think of what people on here have spoken about haha

Had 2 examples of this today

Dan with the Matai tap pass

And also in the 1st set of the game when Orford dropped it. DSM5 said a while back that if we drop it in the 1st set of the game, we lose the game and it sets the day up for a shocker. Think he mentioned that after Kite v the Dragons

The other great thing about winning today is that there is a pretty fair chance we will have to go back there and do it again in a few weeks time. Today's effort will provide a vital confidence boost if that does happen.

It took a while to adjust to that breeze for our guys. Although Orford and Matai bombed those plays completely there were definitely excuses.

When matai runs straight and hard he is good, when he dicks about and thinks he is a ball player he looks like a bad reserve grader

I said that in relation to the 07 GF Kiwi.  Today we didn't let the ball bounce but Orford knocked on with the first pass.   Great win today.  To beat the Storm in Melbourne is something these days.  I don't think we played all that well but we muscled up when it needed.  We dropped the ball way to often.  I thought King was a standout in defense, especially in those early exchanges.      

That's right, it was the ball bouncing, not a knock on.

Our defense early was awesome, King was certainly hitting hard

Our error count must have been high and we dropped the ball  to often.  Given that the win was tough.  Your man Matai ran staright and hard.  On Orford I still don't think he's worth big money to keep.  Farrah was very good.  Gould irritated me with his support for the Storm all through the commentary. 

Scrappy game because of the conditions, although we still have a lot of those frustrating errors that will be costly during finals football. The thing I liked today was that our attack had more direction and the playmaking was shared around more effectively. Orford, Lyon, Ballin, Stewart and foran all did their bit and it kept the defence guessing. Same goes with kicking options, we are so much better when we aren't relying on Orford's haphazard boot work. Defence was pretty damn good and the go forward from the big men laid a good foundation to build on for the next few weeks.

Farrar was good at the back and one wonders why we have had to wait till now for him and Robbo to swap. If we let this young Foran guy slip through our fingers we'll rue it. We need to make his signing a priority, he looks like he could be something special.

Absolutely essential win for us even if it wasn't pretty, and I think it will give us a lot of confidence to build up like we did last year into the finals run. We lose today and I was fearful we'd drop our bundle and miss the 8. 5th is looking a lot better than 10th, and we still have a sniff of top 4. Let's smash the Shirks next week and hope the Storm stumble.

Great summary.. Glad to hear that it seems the boys have got a lot more spirit. I haven't watched the game yet, was only able to catch it on the radio.. And it's difficult to gauge how manly went with Andrew moore's blinding hatred commentary of manly on 2gb.. Grrr.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2