1 needs to get out ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Thanks for the update and the de-myth-tification. So is there a time frame on the selection of a new CEO?

Not sure of the time scale to be honest but would assume "as long as it takes"...Understandably there is a number of processes to be followed and then negotiation of salary and package etc so something that can't and shouldn't be rushed.

In a previous life I ran a division for a large American labour hire company and it wasn't uncommon that roles like this took in excess of 3 months in many cases and then you need to factor in any existing contracts or  commitments the incumbent may have?

Ryan, the job has been advertised (via the recruitment company, online (Seek.com.au from memory) and on the MWSE site...there was also considerable media mention in the Daily, SMH, Telegraph and Australian) so any prospective candidates would be aware of the role and the required skills needed to apply for the position.

Vidmar, just an FYI Seek.com.au is not a recruitment company. It is simply a jobs board.

You can go post a job advert on there now

Hi Dan,
Looking at my post it could perhaps be confusing so apologies... to clarify...A recruitment consultant/firm has been contracted to assist in the process and is currently working with the management group on the selection process.

As part of the process the agency posted the vacancy amongst their positions vacant and also advertised it on the Seek web site (fairly common practise as it allows people searching for jobs the opportunity to see it and it's also common for people registered with the site to have alerts for specific roles set up so that anything posted that fits their criteria they are notified automatically about)

Any good recruitment consultant(ancy) will also have a data base of candidates looking for a new role (or simply interested to hear of anything of interest) and also should/would have a network that they can tap in to to get the word out...so these are all usual avenues when looking to find people that fit the bill.

The advert was also posted on the MWSE site with instructions for interested parties to contact the recruitment consultant in person (rather than via the club)

So the whole process HAS been outsourced...like you guys I'll be interested to see who the likely front runners will be

Ryan link said:
No disrepspect mate - but dear lord - we need someone with certain skills. Playing for the team, or coaching the team doesn't necessarily relate to that.

Penn is 100% right. We need to advertise externally for the most appropriate applicant.

This, give the job to X or Y player because they were \"really good\" is insular, siloist and redneck. X footy players without degrees and business acumen should not be making business decisions about this club.

The sooner the board get it in their head that in this day and age, a job for the ol' boys just doesn't work anymore, the better.

Look at Osborne for the slime. He comes in, brings Timanah Tahu with him, signs Justin Poore, Signs Shakleton, brings on 2 major sponsors then potentially attains 20+ mill for Parramatta Stadium !!

Answer this. Could Pat Wilson (LoL), or Graham Lowe do these things?
THEN of coarse, we have the Greenberg example.

Just help Pat and Graham find the job at careerone then Ryan.

Funnily enough, I'd probably NEED to show them how to get to the website. THAT'S the problem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4